Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't change display settings after updating driver

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Skelingaton

Skelingaton

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 AM

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:14 PM

I just updated my ati radeon hd 4850 graphics card driver in an attempt fo fix another problem I'm having and after updating it and restarting my pc my display settings have been changed to the lowest resolution and 4 bit color. I tried changing them the normal way by right clicking and going to the display properties on the desktop but there is either no button to apply the settings or I can't see it because everything is so big and goes off the screen. The buttons I can see are identify (I think), troubleshoot, and advanced. I've tried clicking on advanced and after hitting enter there as I still can't see whats down at the bottom it asks if I want to keep the new display settings and after clicking yes it stays at the same resolution and color setting its at. I've also tried messing with display settings through the ati catalyst contrl center that installed with the new update but that doesn't seem to do anything either. Does anyone know what I need to do to change my display settings? I've tried messing with it for a while but I can't really tell what I'm doing since I'm not able to see all of whats displayed on the windows that come up. Also, if I reinstalled windows xp would I need to reinstall the drivers on my pc or not?

Edited by Skelingaton, 03 July 2012 - 08:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 PM

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:05 AM

>>"in an attempt fo fix another problem I'm having"<<
>>"Also, if I reinstalled windows xp would I need to reinstall the drivers on my pc or not?"<<
Hi -
First what is/was the other problem, is it related to this or unrelated, and is it now solved ? This may help -
If you reinstall then all drivers should be checked for the latest versions, and all windows updates would need to be re-checked.

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users