Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can 't Watch Videos

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 cedarrabbit

cedarrabbit

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:20 PM

Windows Vista Home Basic 32 Bit Service Pack 2 Browser = Firefox
I just went through a long list of things to remove malware from my computer (thanks Bleepin Gringo)
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic455283.html/page__st__45
and then discovered that I can't watch videos anymore. If I try to watch anything online, I just get a black screen and perhaps the message "An error has occurred. Please try again later". I figured there was something wrong with my flash player so I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it several times. It made no difference. Today I made a video on an SD card and tried playing it on my computer. It opened in Real Player but the video played super slow and the sound was not smooth. I converted it to avi and played it in Windows Media Player. The sound played normally but the video was all in super slow motion. By the time the sound part had concluded, the video part was just getting started.
I've looked for suggestions online but have just found comments suggesting to uninstall and reinstall flash player.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 h2obird

h2obird

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:44 PM

Same problem. I cannot watch any YouTube videos. "An error has occurred. Please try later." I also uninstalled and installed Flash Player, but that did not help. I would really appreciate some help no this.

#3 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 PM

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:46 AM

You need to use the uninstall tool at this like to uninstall Flash properly. Then install a fresh copy.

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

#4 cedarrabbit

cedarrabbit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:12 PM

Doesn't help.

#5 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 PM

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:41 AM

Then Flash is not the problem. Something else was damaged by the virus.

#6 cedarrabbit

cedarrabbit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:02 PM

@ h2obird
I don't know if there's going to be any help on this or not, but if you haven't figured out a solution by now, perhaps you can try what I did. I used revo uninstaller to remove adobe flash player from my computer. I also removed shockwave, just in case, but I don't know if that matters or not. Then I installed macromedia flv player

http://www.downloadster.org/vlc.php?option=z&catid=&kw=macromedia+flash+9&custr=macromedia+flash+player&lptype=3&mkwid=&aid=13&s=&cust=macromedia+flash+player_AD__&channel=&subid=DSTVL_afirefox&roia=!j4A4vq1BAAKLOkMAAAltVQAAbPdCAABx7Q-A
and the youtube videos will play. At one point I encountered a web page that wanted adobe flash so I tried installing it to see what would happen and everything stopped working again. So I removed it again and reinstalled the flv player and am watching youtube again. This probably isn't a permanent solution but at least it did something.

#7 cedarrabbit

cedarrabbit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:19 PM

Well, apparently that was not a good fix because it stopped working for me. So I don't know what to do about it.

#8 Ubiq

Ubiq

• Members
  • 253 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:39 PM

@ cedarrabbit: Hi there. :hello: I had a similar problem.
The fix that worked for me was to uninstall Adobe Flash and install an earlier version. Instructions on this are available here. I think Flash 11.3 might be buggy. I hope this helps.

Machine: Toshiba Portege r705-P41, Dual Boot: MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Ubuntu 15.04
CPU: Intel Core i5 460M @ 2.53GHz Arrandale 32nm Technology,
RAM: 4.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 532MHz (7-7-7-20), Motherboard: TOSHIBA Portable PC (rBGA1288 Socket)
Video Card: Intel HD Graphics Revision 2 1720 MBytes

Speccy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users