Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Netbook stalls on boot (possible network adaptor etc?)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 C10CoryM

C10CoryM

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 AM

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:39 PM

Hi guys,

My little netbook has started to stall for several minutes on boot. It seems to be related to the network setting or adaptor. I am not really sure how to log this, or diagnose. Nothing shows up in the basic troubleshooting etc. Do not know what info is needed. It works fine in safe mode btw.

Gateway LT2102h
Windows 7 starter 32 bit 6.1 build 7600
intel atom cpu n450 @ 1.66GHz
1024MB ram
Atheros AR8123 ethernet
Atheros AR5B93 wireless

Any help would be appreciated. I will post any further info required. Sorry, not very knowledgeable with this stuff.

Thanks,

Cory

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 PM

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:11 PM

My little netbook has started to stall for several minutes on boot. It seems to be related to the network setting or adaptor.

Hello and Welcome -
I fail to see why a Network setting would slow you from normal boot times, unless you actually mean Internet Access or the netbook is part of a network -
Have you deleted Temp files, and run a Malware cleaner like SuperantiSpyware Free

Do you have Win7 ServicePack 1 installed (not mentioned), and an Antivirus program installed and running to check for basic problems ??
Please post back with these items or further questions, and we can run a few quick, non intrusive scans.

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users