Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Low CPU Usage Pages Wont Load

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 josephrf

josephrf

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 AM

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:22 PM

I have a one year old HP 2000 Notebook PC with 3gb ram, using windows 7 home premium with internet explorer 9, with Comcast as an internet provider, using an Asus wireless router. The problem Im having that is driving me NUTS is that randomly web page wont load, I get internet explorer cannot display the webpage error and when I look at the task manager I notice that the cpu usage has dropped below 10%. This happens quite a bit all day long, Ive searched all over the net and cannot come up with a solution. Does anybody know what could be causing the low cpu usage and pages wont load? Any help is appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,644 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:32 PM

cpu has nothing to do with anything - and the fact that your cpu usage is below 10% is great.

Try another browser and see what happens (Firefox, Opera, Safari, Chrome, etc)

#3 josephrf

josephrf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:33 AM

Well it seems to be that it is BEYOND COINCIDENCE that one minute the internet is working fine at a higher cpu usage then the next minute it goes dead while the cpu drops.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,385 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 AM

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:39 AM

Just because events...seem to occur in the same timeframe...doesn't imply that there is direct correlation similar to cause/effect.

Unless you are running heavy-duty programs...CPU usage as reflected in Task Manager...should be low.

I would try resetting the browser or a different browser.

Louis

#5 josephrf

josephrf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:30 PM

Ive already tried everything under the sun, did virus scans....none...... reset IE, restored advanced settings, a little of this a little of that, no luck, tried firefox but that was too screwed up to use couldnt import my favorites, opera too, no luck.

#6 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,644 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:36 PM

I'm not trying to get you to change browsers, I just want to know if you experience the same problems when you use something other than IE. And once again, the cpu usage has nothing to do with the problem you are experiencing.

Edited by Allan, 04 July 2012 - 04:38 PM.

#7 josephrf

josephrf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:59 AM

I guess you are right it has finally sunk in..........cant be my computer because the last laprop I had did it too before I spilled root beer on the keyboard and screwed it up beyond repair, ill keep working on it thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users