Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WiFi "Sandcastles"

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 muggo

muggo

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:52 PM

My WiFi is causing problems & I could do with some advice.
Netgear DG434GT router & Win XP PC. Internet & email work OK but keep losing connections to my music streamer devices.
I play music at 128kbps over an O2 8Mb broadband but still get rebuffering messages.
Upgraded Netgear firmware to DG Team version but no improvement.
I'm now running on a Thomson FOC router I got with O2 & it now drops every hour or so instead of every few seconds.
I have a WiFi analyser on my smartphone & notice that whereas my neighbours' WiFi signals are more or less constant, mine is a series of sandcastles ie on for 6 seconds & off for 4 sec then cycling on & off again.

Any ideas what's causing this?
Many thanks
Paul

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users