Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error code 1392 when doing factory restore

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 maddarlo

maddarlo

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 PM

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:03 PM

Hi folks, I hope you can help. I have a Packard Bell Ixtreme M5722 desktop PC and have never had much trouble with it over the past couple of years.

More recently, it's become a tad unstable, crashing a fair bit. Then my ActiveX stopped working in Explorer and then all the keyboard shortcuts in InDesign, which I use for work, stopped working. So I decided to do a factory restore.

I backed up all my data and then used the three CDs that came with my PC to do the restore. I got on to the third disk and then the process stops and I get the following message:

Restore failed - Error Code=1392(The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable).

I then get a black screen with white writing:

File: \Windows\system32\winload.exe
Info: The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt.

I've Googled this problem and it seems to be quite common with systems using Acer hard drives, which mine is.

Is there any way I can rescue my computer, or will I need to shell out on a new hard drive?

If the latter, how much should I expect to pay in the UK (1TB drive) and can anyone recommend a make/model to go for? Perhaps you could recommend an upgrade?

I hope I can rescue this hard drive though. Any help would be gratefully received as I need to get my PC repaired asap for work. Thank you, Andy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 AM

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:01 PM

Hi -
Here is another system (I think like yours) Packard Bell Ixtreme M5722 with an answer from M/soft Forum -

Hi i have a Packard Bell Ixtreme M5722 thats running windows 7 64 bit home premium I was advised by packard bell to do a factory restore which failed half way through with error code 1392 file system currupt.

Balance of This Topic

#3 mslivehelp

mslivehelp

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 AM

Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:34 PM

Steps to resolve Error Code 1392-26
Disclaimer
The steps given below should be followed under strict supervision of a Computer Expert. We are not responsible if anything goes wrong with your PC following the steps. All the steps given above are indicative and should resolve the problem in most cases.  You can contact our 24×7 technical support for guaranteed resolution of the issue.

Step 1 Check for corrupt system files:

1. In Start Searchbox type “cmd” (without quotes)
2. Click on CMD
open-command-prompt.png3. In command Prompt Copy following commands (Simply select the command and hold Ctrl+C and press Ctrl+V in command prompt)

sfc /scannow 

sfc-scannow.png
The system will take some time to check. Let it run for a while. If it finds any issues in “os” integrity it will automatically fix it.
Note: You will need Administrator Access to Run the above command. Simply Right Click on CMD button and select “Run as Administrator

You can contact our 24×7 customer support for any help during the whole process. 

Step 2 Get Rid of Unwanted Junk Files

1. Goto Control Panel and type “Disk Cleanup” in search box.
2. Click on Disk Cleanup .

Error-Code-Fix-2-Diskcleanup-Step-1.png3. Drive Selection Box will open up. Select the OS drive and Press OK.
Error-Code-Fix-2-Diskcleanup-Step-2.png4. Tick all the check boxes and Click OK.

Error-Code-Fix-Diskcleanup-Step-4.png

In most cases error code 1392-26 should be resolved by following above steps.

#4 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 699 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 PM

Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:42 PM

verify your disc's are not dirty and free from finger prints and then clean them with a lint free cloth.

Mod Edit:  Topic initiated in 2012 - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 15 May 2018 - 09:21 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users