Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware Removal Training Program

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Pizza and Pepsi

Pizza and Pepsi

• Members
  • 277 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 AM

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:44 PM

I have been on Bleeping Computer for quite some time now and have been recently helping in the AII forum. I was just wondering does this program train you for AII or Malware Removal Logs? I would prefer to stay in AII and then gradually build up after a few months (or whatever time it takes to get comfortable with this).

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Maybe I should have put this in "AntiVirus, Firewall and Privacy Products and Protection Methods".

Edited by hamluis, 03 July 2012 - 03:03 PM.
Moved from General Chat to Announcements, Comments, Suggestions - Hamluis.

Malware shall not pass!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,566 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 PM

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:01 PM

See information at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic86678.html , please.

Louis

#3 Pizza and Pepsi

Pizza and Pepsi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 277 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:04 PM

Thanks hamluis. There appear to be no spots available. :mellow: Hopefully, I can get in eventually.

Edited by Pizza and Pepsi, 03 July 2012 - 03:05 PM.

Malware shall not pass!

#4 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 60,985 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 PM

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:59 AM

New slots open up on a regular basis, directly depending on the progress of our current trainees and the availability of our instructors staff. I recommend you to check the Admissions page often.
Please be aware though that we do not allow our trainees to be active in the AII forum during their training (certain exceptions apply later on).

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

#5 Pizza and Pepsi

Pizza and Pepsi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 277 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:04 PM

Thanks for the explanation Elise. Do you let the trainees start working in either AII or the Malware Removal Logs after a certain point (like when they are Senior level )? I now check every day when I get online to see if a spot becomes available.

Edited by Pizza and Pepsi, 04 July 2012 - 01:05 PM.

Malware shall not pass!

#6 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 60,985 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 PM

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:25 PM

Yes, however that is nowhere close after the start of training. Our Senior trainees are indeed allowed to work under supervision in the Malware Removal forum. Because of the complexity of today's malware (and its removal) this training is not something that can be completed within a month or two, a year is more realistic (although it depends on individual progress and available time), which is also something you may want to be aware of.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

#7 Winterland

Winterland

• Members
  • 980 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 AM

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:45 AM

Morning Elise, I say it to myself every time I read this post, and thought I should also say it to you via a post.

Thank you for outlining some more aspects of the Malware Training program here at BC and also providing a realistic real-world time frame.

Gives one a stronger sense of "Am I ready to do this?" and "How long might it take?"

Enjoy the day,

Winterland

Photobucket removed my cool flag - idiots!

Every calculation based on experience elsewhere fails in New Mexico.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users