Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

changing language interface on xp sp2 2002 from brasil-portuguese to english

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 chrisbenn

chrisbenn

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 AM

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:50 AM

i have installed the xp sp2 and i cannot change the language from brasil portuguese to english. pls help me
thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 PM

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:55 PM

Hello chrisbenn ,

Try this:
  • Click Start, Control Panel (classic view), and double click on Regional and Language Options.
  • In the drop down box to the left of the Customize button, arrow down and select English (United States), click Apply and then OK.

Important: Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) is no longer supported by Microsoft. To maximize computer security and ensure that you continue to receive all critical Windows Updates, please update your computer to Windows XP SP3 by going to the Microsoft Update site and selecting the "Express" button (recommended). Please download and install all "recommended" updates including SP3 and all SP3 post updates. Also update Internet Explorer to version 8.0.

Good luck.

Regards,
Brooks

#3 chrisbenn

chrisbenn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:53 AM

Thanks .. but i already done that and its changing only my keyboard language... not all interface.. u know :).

I am using sp2 cuz my pc RAM is not quite big :D

#4 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 PM

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:33 AM

Unfortunately there is no way you can change the language of winxp home,maybe with some versions like xp pro or Vista U and win7U

you have to reinstall english version of xp

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#5 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 PM

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:17 PM

there are some options ,doesent support winxp home though ,and is only sold through microsoft Volume Licensing programs

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/goglobal/bb688178.aspx

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#6 chrisbenn

chrisbenn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2012 - 12:09 AM

Thanks for your help :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic