Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Shared Printing

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 digime

digime

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:09 AM

In advance, thanks for any help. I can't quite wrap my brain around this one....

My company has several branch locations. On all of our locations we have about 2-3 computers. At one of locations, workstation 1 has the printers locally installed and shared. Workstation 2 is configured to print to the shared printers on workstation 1. Well, workstation 2 is also recognizing the shared printers as "auto". So, we have the installed printers and the auto detected printers in the printers folder... With me so far? If I print directly to the shared printers (not the automatically detected) it prints very slow.... If I select the "auto" printer (same printer, just auto detected in windows as a shared printer), then the print job prints normal and fast.

Any suggestions? My manager would love an explanation and will not let me just delete the printers and configure the computer to NOT auto detect the printers...ugh. :(

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users