Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC stutters when playing games

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 evlarg1

evlarg1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 PM

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:21 PM

So I've been trying to play the witcher 2 for a while. It plays fine for the first couple of minutes but then the frame rate starts stuttering. every 2-3 seconds my frame rate goes from 20-25 to 8 and then goes back up. It practically makes it unplayable. This Keeps happening despite me putting all possible graphical options on the lowest they can go. Also, This only happens with 3D games such as the witcher 2, Dead space 2, Amnesia, Assassin's creed, etc. I thought it would have to do the tower being too dirty so i cleaned it but the problem persisted. Can anyone help? this problem has been with me for 2 years and i really want to get into some of these games that i haven't been able to play.

Heres my system specs:
AMD Athlon II x2 255 processor, 3100 Mhz, 2 core
ATI Radeon HD 5570
10 GB RAM

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SwiftHawk

SwiftHawk

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Location:C:\Universe\Milky Way\Sol\Terra\Canada\Quebec\Montreal\Home
  • Local time:05:41 PM

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:16 PM

Have you attempted to flush out your old drivers and install new ones?

Also,could you list your PSU power supply?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users