I suspect Norton/Symantec security software
to be the cause of the problem:
Un-install the Norton/Symantec product
Caused By Driver : EX64.SYS ... Norton Anti-Virus
Caused By Driver : SRTSP64.SYS ... Symantec Real Time Storage Protection
and then download/run the Nortons Removal Tool
. Restart the system afterward.
If you wish/need an alternative antivirus for the time being or for the long term, try one of the following free applications:
Ensure that the Windows firewall is enabled.
- MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials)
- AVG Free
(Choose to download either the 32-bit or 64-bit application, depending on whether Windows on your system is 32-bit or 64-bit.)
If you still have problems after doing that ... Let's collect some more information: I'll have a look at it and help you try to resolve the problem.
Please follow the instructions: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions - Windows 8, 7 & Vista(Note: When you run BSOD_Windows7_Vista_v2.64_jcgriff2_.exe, it will also run autoruns.exe ... and both need to be in the Documents folder!)
... with one exception to the following line under Step 4:
- "Create a new thread HERE and attach the file(s)."
The BC forums will allow a total
attachment size of only
512 kb (and what you need to attach will exceed this limit).
- Please upload the zip file to a file sharing website of your choice and and post a link to it in this thread so that we can access your uploaded zip file.
See the suggestions in the following links for recommendations on file sharing websites:
I can recommend
Please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy
, and post a link to it in this thread.
- It is a convenient and accurate way of providing us with details of your computer specifications.
Please download MiniToolBox
, save it to your desktop and run it.
- Checkmark the following checkboxes:
- Click Go.
When the scan is finished, a text file will open in a Notepad window.
- Copy the entire contents of the Notepad window, and paste in your reply.
(Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.)
Edited by AustrAlien, 02 July 2012 - 09:16 PM.