One possible culprit, and something you don't mention having tested already, is the hard drive. Let's start there: I would like you to test the hard drive and also provide me with a Speccy report so that I can get a look at the S.M.A.R.T data for the HDD.
Please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy
, and post a link to it in this thread.
This is a convenient and accurate way of providing us with details of your computer specifications.
From the msinfo32 report:
Model ST2000DL 003-9VT166 SATA Disk Device
Test a Seagate manufactured hard disk drive using SeaTools for DOS
run from a bootable CD.
Please download SeaTools for DOS (CD)
from Seagate's SeaTools for DOS web page
or use the following direct download link to download the latest version of SeaTools for DOS:Download SeaTools for DOS ISO Image
The downloaded file name is SeaToolsDOS223ALL.ISO
Burn the downloaded .ISO image to a CD using the appropriate burning software.
- If you do not already have a suitable burning program for writing .ISO images to disc ...
- Download and install ImgBurn.
Ensure that you UN-check the box agreeing to install the Ask toolbar during the installation.
- Place a new (blank) CD disc in the drive tray.
- Choose Write image file to disc.
- Under Source, click on the Browse button: Navigate to and select the .ISO file that you wish to burn.
- Place a check-mark in the box beside Verify.
When the CD has been burned and verified as successful, it will be bootable.
Boot from the CD.
- (You may need to access the BIOS Setup Menu or the Boot Menu and change the boot order to enable booting from CD before hard drive.)
- From Basic tests on the Main Menu, run the Short test and then the Long test.
(The long test will take some considerable time to complete.)
The results will be shown as either a PASS or FAIL.
There is a chance that during the Long test, you may be offered the opportunity to attempt repairs on the hard drive:
- If so, go ahead and attempt to do so, but ONLY after backing up all important personal files.
You may wish to view the following ...
Please let us know the results of the tests.
Edit to add FYI: these may prove useful to you later ?
While I am looking at these links I will post them here now in case I forget later:
Edited by AustrAlien, 11 July 2012 - 06:42 AM.