Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet explorer 8

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 fezzyboy

fezzyboy

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 PM

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:23 PM

Hi. I have Dell laptop Studio 1735. I have Windows Vista OS and running internet explorer 8. Approximately 3 days ago internet explorer started taking a long time to load the home screen and eventually when it did, trying to search the internet was taking just as long. I have disabled add ons and run ccleaner, antimalware bytes and run AVG free. No viruses or malicious software has been detected.

Please help as this is starting tom do my head in.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:46 PM

Have you tried a different browser like Firefox or Chrome?

#3 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 AM

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:51 PM

Try updating your IE browser to IE9. I would prefer other free antivirus like Microsoft Security Essentials or Avast over AVG.

Tekken

#4 fezzyboy

fezzyboy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:28 PM

Have you tried a different browser like Firefox or Chrome?

Thanks. Will do.........Have already upgraded to IE9 but it still has the problems of slow loading.

#5 fezzyboy

fezzyboy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:30 PM

Try updating your IE browser to IE9. I would prefer other free antivirus like Microsoft Security Essentials or Avast over AVG.

Thanks. have already upgraded to IE 9 but I still have the same problems as before. Will try avast and see if it finds any underlying problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users