Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Schedule Agent has a problem

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 kymakmsc

kymakmsc

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 PM

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:42 PM

How to tackle and rectify problems with TVpanel.exe? Procedural instruction and or related software please!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 AM

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:11 PM

"How to tackle and rectify problems with TVpanel.exe?"<<
Hi -
Can you please describe the problem and any error messages displayed from this .EXE -
Do you wish to remove it / repair it / want updated drivers, or is there another more specific problem involved ??

Do you watch TV with this program, and do you know the version of program installed (self installed or system installed) ??

Thank You -

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,558 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:06 PM

First thing I'd try...uninstall then reinstall the applicable capture device.

Louis

#4 kymakmsc

kymakmsc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2012 - 06:50 AM

Thank you for responding to my request.
I did the uninstall and reinstall several times before contacting the software manufacturer(www.Magic-pro.com). Their technican opined that something might have gone wrong with my Windows but I didn't know how to handle issues relating to Windows.
I am watching TV program via ProHDTV-Diamond 2 installed on my desktop running WINDOWS XP SP3. The version of program driver I installled on my own is of the latest from Magic-pro.com. As long as I can continue watching TV program on my PC, it will be fine.
When I hit on Magic Viewer (Name of the TV program icon), the 2 error messages appearing one after another were
1. TVpanel.exe is having problems and must be closed. Regret for the inconvenience arisen.
2. Schedule Agent is having problems and must be closed. Regret for the inconvenience arisen.
Both of these 2 error messages didn't display any error code.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,558 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:56 AM

Well...I cannot suggest anything other than trying a different program with the card. What I see on the Web, I cannot decipher (language barrier) but my basic guess is that it's a problem that must be solved by the support function at M-P.com.

I don't think it's a Windows problem...I've used various capture cards and accompanying software for years now...it was never Windows giving me problems when I encountered such (usually drivers).

Louis

#6 kymakmsc

kymakmsc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:57 AM

Thanks Louis!
The TV software and the Windows XP were both genuine. If I turned to Microsoft, I am afraid they would have the same excuse as Magic-pro.com. At this moment, I think I have to have a thorough understanding of TVpanel.exe and Schedule Agent. It is much unfortunate that details of Schedule Agent is yet to be located.

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,558 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:16 AM

Well...there's a ton of poorly-documented capture software available...so I would not ponder it very long.

IMO, if the error somehow interferes with functionality...I would remove it and use something else for capture. If it's the driver which is poorly written/documented...there's not a lot you can do other than to throw yourself on the mercy of the driver/hardware developer...or purse using a different device for captures.

There is little information about either of the files/functions you mention...I avoid scenarios like that.

You don't have a program titled PC Mighty Max installed, do you?

http://www.advancedpctweaker.com/dll-errors/TVpanel.exe.html . Do NOT install use the software/scan mentioned on this webpage.

Louis

#8 kymakmsc

kymakmsc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2012 - 06:58 PM

What additional information you would like to know about the files/functions of ProHDTV-Diamond 2? I am happy to provide you with the English interpretation for www.magic-pro.com. It would be really difficult for me to know if the driver was poorly written/documented since I am not keen in computer.

Please well be assured that neither do I have PC Mighty Max installed nor visited www.advancedpctweaker.com ever since.

As I searched along in the web, I am wondering if my PC had got infected? Despite from disc checking, the volume of my hard drive was clean, I am now trying hard to equip myself with a secure and firm knowledge on disk formatting as well as re-installation of Windows so as to get everything returned back to normal once and for all.

#9 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,558 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2012 - 07:24 PM

If you follow the directions in the following link...I can tell you some of your install/reinstall/repair options.

Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792

I considered malware also...but if the problem only results in error messages concerning a given installed application...and there's nothing else essentially wrong with the system...I'd disregard the possibility of malware. Of course, that's assuming that the system is properly protected.

Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go...paste the content into your next post.

Louis

#10 kymakmsc

kymakmsc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:16 AM

Hi, Louis

As instructed, I had completed the following:-
1.Published a Snapshot using Speccy;
2.Downloaded MiniToolBox;
3.Listed the Three items

As far as the last 10 Event Viewer log was concerned, I got a very very long list of events running from 6/27/2012 back dated to 2/8/2011. I am not sure if that was what you are looking for. Since my Windows was in Chinese, I had to spend a considerable amount of time to do the English transaction. A specimen of which is now enclosed for your reference.

QUOTE 1
6/27/2012代理程式7.6.7600256 Windows Update
代理程式可讓您的電腦搜尋更新服務所提供的更新並進行安裝。
當Windows搜尋新的更新時,代理程式可以視需要自動自我更新,以與更新服務通訊
UNQUOTE 1

Translated into English
6/27/2012 Agent Program 7.6.7600256 Windows Update
Agent Program can let your computer to search for service update. Agent Program can install those subsequent service update.
When Windows search for new update, Agent Program can, based on its own needs, do the self updating automatically so as to communicate with the new update

QUOTE 2
6/19/2012 KB2699988: Windows XP 的Internet Explorer 8 積存安全性更新
現在已經證實有一些安全性問題,攻擊者可能利用這些問題侵入執行Microsoft Internet Explorer 的電腦並取得該電腦的控制權。
您可以安裝此Microsoft 更新來保護您的電腦。安裝此項目後,您必須重新啟動電腦。
UNQUOTE 2

Translated into English
6/19/2012KB2699988: Update the accumulated safety of Internet Explorer 8 in Windows XP
It is now confirmed that there exists a few safety issues.
Computers implementing Microsoft Internet Explorer are under attack. Attackers may make use of those issues to gain the right of control.
You may install Microsoft Update to protect your computers. You must restart your computer after the installation.

Information relating to Installed Programs,Users, Partitions and Memory size were mostly in English and fairly brief in comparison. How should I react to save up our time? Your advice please!

#11 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,558 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:30 AM

I don't think "saving time" is a pertinent consideration when addressing system problems...but it's not my system, it's yours. I cannot tell you how much work to put into maintaining your system.

Those errors are generated for a reason...some are insignificant, some significant. If I cannot read an English translation, I myself cannot interpret properly the messages that Windows is trying to convey to you.

If you want to investigate Event Viewer errors, here is some background info: How To Use Event Viewer - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic40108.html .

Louis

#12 kymakmsc

kymakmsc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:04 AM

Well!!...Louis, I appreciate very much for your unconditional help! I am not trying to be lazy. In fact, I had been very precise in translating word by word. So doing would be very difficult for me to ascertain the total number of days required and I am afraid that my dead slow speed may lead to think that I might have given up if you don't hear from me for a short duration, 7 days or even more.

#13 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,558 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:02 PM

Thank you for responding to my request.
I did the uninstall and reinstall several times before contacting the software manufacturer(www.Magic-pro.com). Their technican opined that something might have gone wrong with my Windows but I didn't know how to handle issues relating to Windows.
I am watching TV program via ProHDTV-Diamond 2 installed on my desktop running WINDOWS XP SP3. The version of program driver I installled on my own is of the latest from Magic-pro.com. As long as I can continue watching TV program on my PC, it will be fine.
When I hit on Magic Viewer (Name of the TV program icon), the 2 error messages appearing one after another were
1. TVpanel.exe is having problems and must be closed. Regret for the inconvenience arisen.
2. Schedule Agent is having problems and must be closed. Regret for the inconvenience arisen.
Both of these 2 error messages didn't display any error code.

Just to repeat myself...

Well...there's a ton of poorly-documented capture software available...so I would not ponder it very long.

IMO, if the error somehow interferes with functionality...I would remove it and use something else for capture. If it's the driver which is poorly written/documented...there's not a lot you can do other than to throw yourself on the mercy of the driver/hardware developer...or purse using a different device for captures.

There is little information about either of the files/functions you mention...I avoid scenarios like that.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 01 July 2012 - 02:04 PM.

#14 kymakmsc

kymakmsc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:47 PM

"There is a problem with Schedule Agent, it must be closed" What does this mean? How to solve this issue?

#15 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 PM

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:58 PM

Scheduled Recording Agent? or some other?

Thanks
Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users