Posted 27 May 2004 - 10:55 AM
On another Chat Room, there were questions as to how to get Symantec
Redirector back that disappeared when reinstalling the Norton Internet Security (NIS). It may also work on other Norton multigrouped packages also.
Maybe this has been solved by now, but if not, I was able to get it back by
1. Go to NIS Folder on NIS CD and install the NAV first and reboot.
2. Go back to NIS Folder and install the NIS next and reboot.
3. Click on the NAV Icon on Desktop and note that the Symantec Redirector has returned.
4. Uncheck all checks except the Symantec Redirector and download it & reboot.
5. Repeat "4." with Symantec Common Client and download it & reboot.
6. Download balance of items and you are there. Sorry if this is not useful
but it worked for me. I am new to discussions on the net, so ignore this if
it is not helpful.