Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

internet speed unstable

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 FireStarter*

FireStarter*

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 PM

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:26 AM

so i have been trying everything and was about to go to a pc tech when i found this site. so here is whats wrong.

any and every speed test i run has me pinging my local city at 120+ ms. the download twitches from 2-10-3-1-7-30-75-11 mbps and ends with 7+- mbps
the upload speed is smooth but caps at .5mbps
i am on comcast and all the other pc in my house get 30ms ping 20mbps down and 4mbps up

i have installed and ran Sophos Protection, ad-aware antivirus, spy-bot. they did not find anything really bad.
(some cookies and a 2 items from an old toolbar in the registry)
when i boot to safe mode with network i get better ping but my up and download are still not right.

i am on windows vista 64
asus laptop g60vx

please help
thank you.

ps. dont know if i posted in the wrong place or not. sorry if i did

Edited by FireStarter*, 01 July 2012 - 10:58 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users