Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboard Does Not Work

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 imnofreek

imnofreek

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 AM

Posted 04 March 2006 - 12:12 PM

Ok im working on this PC its a Emachine c2825 for a freind they were having probs blah blah blah. the pc does not turn keyboard on ! I tried 3 different keyboards 1 of which was a usb one still same problem does not come on no lights nothing I tried a different powersupply still same prob . I thought mabey really thinking it wasnt gonna work but any way i reset the cmos .Nope didnt do any thing but now (of course) boots saying> cmos checsum error -defaults loaded

hit f1 to continue DEL to enter setup, DOH keyboard dont work so now im stuck here
Any ideas

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AMD010

AMD010

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2006 - 09:11 PM

lol..that is almost funny. my first guess would be the connector for the keyboard, since you tried a usb keyboard and it still didn't work that is really weird. maybe if i think about it for a while a solution will come to mind.
Win XP Pro, Windows 7, Ubuntu. AMD Athlon X2 5600+ 4x1GB DDR2800, 500 GB SATA, Geforce 8500GT.

MCTS, A+, Net+.

Microsoft: "You've got questions. We've got dancing paperclips."

Posted Image
Fight Spam! Click Here!

#3 imnofreek

imnofreek
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2006 - 11:06 PM

Ok well tx for thinking bout it I have no idea but to get another Motherboard but that aint my decision as i said it aint mine any other ideas please post em

Hey any know how to get into the BIOS without a keyboard LOL

Edited by imnofreek, 04 March 2006 - 11:10 PM.

#4 Nick_R_23

Nick_R_23

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 PM

Posted 06 March 2006 - 02:16 AM

I know this may sound simple, but did you accidentally plug the keyboard into the mouse port and vise-versa? If so, it would explain why both a ps/2 and a usb keyboard wouldnt work.

Also, i dont think you are able to get to this option in your current state, but in the bios, USB keyboards might be disabled. :thumbsup: I dont know how you would fix this, its kind of like the forgotten password kind of deal, "forgot your password?, please enter username and password to continue". :flowers: Anyway, thats getting off topic.

The only other reason I would think that a PS/2 keyboard would stop working is a IRQ setting conflict. Did you change anything in the bios recently or add/change any kind of hardware/software/drivers just before the keyboard stopped working?

Good luck

-Nick

#5 imnofreek

imnofreek
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2006 - 12:03 PM

I dont exactly know what they were doing .They said keyboard was working at there house the pc was or shutdown and it would not boot backup.
And now im stuck with this and no keyboard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users