Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help regarding choosing the best software for web meeting

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 babulcool

babulcool

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 PM

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:18 AM

Hello,
I require a software for hosting online meetings which supports voice conversation. So, I would like someone to find the best software that can be used to undertake such meeting. The following may be taken as the requirements:

1. Should support several computers to be online at the same time.
2. Should run on any operating systems (should atleast run on these : Windows XP Professional/Office and Windows Vista)
3. Voice conversation is a must.

Thanks in advance. I am waiting for the reply.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 PM

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:32 AM

Hi -
I would have thought that Skype was the preferred app for what you are looking for -
You can video chat 1 on 1 free (even international), but other plans do exist - Their Support Forum is very good at helping you with free advice -
Premium Costs are about $5 per month at the moment, but are subject to change -

Is this the type of program you are looking for, or have you used Skype and not been satisfied with it ??

Regards -

#3 babulcool

babulcool
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:49 AM

First of all I would like to thank you for the reply. Actually I would like to have a free software. I just forgot to include that.

Thanks

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:31 PM

This is another option for Free multi conferencing Free Web Conferencing Software, Free Online Meetings

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,570 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 AM

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:04 PM

I can tell you that your two requirements of 'several computers' and 'free' pretty much cancel each other out. I don't know of a decent multi-participant meeting service for free. If there is one, I'm not aware of it and I have been doing online meetings for a few years.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#6 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:34 PM

@ Animal -

The "Free" hosting on the link comes whith only one rider from AnyMeeting (the hoster of the software) -

"AnyMeeting" provides its services at no cost because the software is supported by advertising.
Advertisements appear in a non-intrusive way during your meetings and in the account management tools, are high-quality, and generally targeted to business professionals.

The advertising is very small, and will not interupt a conversation, or detract "badly" from your meetings.
I tested this locally with 3 active accounts, and found it, on a personal level, to be suitable for "most" applications that want the requested Free + Multi-Participent feature.

Their version of "suitable" would need to be tested by the persons using the software and their reaction to the "small / subtle" advertising included.

Free Skype is normally used on my Win7 laptop, and has been good for my 1 on 1 chats.

Regards -

#7 Aliasgar Babat

Aliasgar Babat

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:48 AM

You may use various online web conferencing services such as webex.com, gomeetnow.com, gotomeeting.com etc. Alternatively, you may also consider to have on premise web conferencing appliance such as rhubcom.com.

#8 Aliasgar Babat

Aliasgar Babat

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:56 AM

NA

Edited by Aliasgar Babat, 09 October 2012 - 05:57 AM.

#9 code13

code13

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 AM

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:29 PM

Teamviewer works the best and its free.
Voice communication is done through builtin mic and speaker of the computers.

It also offers the choice to use landlines for the conference, which costs a few cents per minute.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users