Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows XP and 0x0000007E BSOD Error

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 greenking13

greenking13

• Members
  • 183 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 PM

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:41 PM

Okay, I currently have a dell latitude d610(It's a laptop) which I got a few years ago(I think 3-4) and strangely a few weeks ago(yeah, I was/am getting help from another site but want to see if anybody can help me solve my problem) I was trying to fix a different problem and needed to turn off system restore to let it go to work(I'll go into detail about that if I need to) and then something happened because I now get...
*** STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0x80537041, 0xF79AA434, 0xF79AA130)
Now these may not be accurate today so I will try and make sure here soon if I can.
So far I can tell that it will not allow me to open safe mode w/ Networking nor the actual normal mode(or whatever it's called.)
For the w/ networking it happens just a second after the drivers list, and for normal mode it happens either during or after the startup with the loading bar.
I have tried memtest86 to see if it was a memory problem but it came back scott clean(sorry if that expression is wrong), I have tried to turn off the intergrated NIC if my networking was the problem but nope, same thing again.(By the way, this was from the other sites advice). I have also tried so called error fixing programs like the one from 7E's wiki page and a few others.
Okay so slight recap of what I was doing before this all began.
I was trying to fix this strange search engine/comp problem that my norton anti-virus 2012 discovered, but I required a program for it so I downloaded them and then tried one(and it failed), then tried another program to fix a different problem but it said that turning off my system restore was good to do. Can anybody help me find a cure for this, or at least the main problem? Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 PM

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:00 PM

Post the link to your topic in the "other" forum, please.

I see lots of words in your post here...but no clear definition of any problem. BSODs occur for many reasons...hardware, malware, software, or Windows problems...what you have posted is not enough (IMO) to suggest or do anything other than make the request I have made.

Louis

#3 greenking13

greenking13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 183 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:29 PM

"Other" Forum

Honestly I am not sure about what exact problems is being caused by this BSOD, but I do know that I am not able to get on Safe Mode: Networking, nor the normal start-up.
I understand that that would be not enough to guarantee help, but are there any programs I could run to diagnose any problems? Or something in my computer that could give me/y'all more info about the problems?
Thanks.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 PM

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:31 PM

Hmmm...I know Tim Fisher and I used to frequent that forum...since a considerable amount of time and work has been invested there...I suggest that you stay with what's going on there.

To try to resurrect the topic from start to now...in this forum...just seems unwise to me. Tim is more than capable.

If that forum throws in the towel, I believe that would be the time to go to a different forum with a clear explanation of situation/problems.

That's just my perspective, others may feel differently.

Louis

#5 AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Inquisitor

• BC Advisor
  • 6,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 PM

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:37 PM

I do think somewhat differently from hamluis, so let's see what I can make of it ....

Let's collect some more information: I'll have a look at it and help you try to resolve the problem.

:step1: Download the following 2 files and save both to the My Documents folder:

:step2: Go to the My Documents folder and run #1 (BSOD_XP_v1.3_jcgriff2_PROD_.exe). (That will also run #2.)

It will take a little time to complete: Please be patient and wait for it to finish.
A new folder named TSF_XP_Support will be created in My Documents.

:step3: Zip up the newly created TSF_XP_Support folder.
  • Right-click on the TSF_XP_Support folder > Send to ... > Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    The newly created zip file will be located in the My Documents folder.

:step4: Please upload the zip file to a file sharing website of your choice and and post a link to it in this thread so that we can access your uploaded zip file.

Note: The BC forums will allow a total attachment size of only 512 kb (and what you need to attach will exceed this limit).
See the suggestions in the following links for recommendations on file sharing websites:
  • http://lifehacker.com/388284/best-online-file-sharing-services
  • http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/15-great-free-online-file-sharing-alternatives/
  • http://www.smashingapps.com/2008/08/28/5-best-free-file-hosting-services-to-store-your-files.html

I can recommend Posted Image

:step5: Please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy, and post a link to it in this thread.
  • It is a convenient and accurate way of providing us with details of your computer specifications.

:step6: Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.
  • Checkmark the following checkboxes:
    • List Installed Programs
  • Click Go.
    When the scan is finished, a text file will open in a Notepad window.
  • Copy the entire contents of the Notepad window, and paste in your reply.
    (Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.)

AustrAlien
Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

Posted Image

#6 greenking13

greenking13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 183 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:40 PM

Alright, as soon as I rem to grab my USB I'll try that, but first, Tim advised that I try to reinstall Windows XP, which would you advised first?

#7 AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Inquisitor

• BC Advisor
  • 6,772 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:19 PM

... Tim advised that I try to reinstall Windows XP, which would you advised first?

It is of course up to you.

I suggest firstly providing me with the info that I requested so that I can have a look at it. If I can help you, then well and good! If not, then you have the "reinstall Windows" option to try.

I am not a fan of the alternative suggestion given to you, namely "try a "repair install" of Windows XP" at any time. I never use it myself or recommend using it.
AustrAlien

Posted Image

#8 greenking13

greenking13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 183 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:02 PM

Hmm, okay got my USB and have downloaded all of those to it and will transfer them to my computer as soon as I can.
Also is there anything specific I have to do with speccy or can I just start it and figure out what to do easily?(Ex. I run it and there a button that says 'click this to make snapshot'?)
Anyways thanks I will get started immediately. Will post everything in at most a week from now, at least tomorrow.

#9 AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Inquisitor

• BC Advisor
  • 6,772 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:36 AM

... is there anything specific I have to do with speccy or can I just start it and figure out what to do easily?(

Good question!

Speccy will not run in Safe Mode: Don't bother with Speccy in that case.

The jcgriff2 application will run just fine in Safe mode, as will MiniToolBox, so continue with those two steps.

Edited by AustrAlien, 17 July 2012 - 07:47 AM.

AustrAlien

Posted Image

#10 greenking13

greenking13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 183 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:08 PM

Yeah kinda figured that one out easily cause 4 out of the 7(?) things it shows weren't showing any useful info.

Alright now there was a file called Reports in which appeared after the jcgriff2 app and I placed it into the zip.

Results from Minitoolbox:
Results

Zip of that app:
Zip

#11 AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Inquisitor

• BC Advisor
  • 6,772 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:50 PM

I have your info on my computer now: Thank you.

Before even looking at that information, I was reviewing the topic when I noticed the following in your very first post:

*** STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, , , )

Your topic is remarkably similar to this one:
Again, I will point out the the problem is most likely malware-related.
  • I suggest that you create a new topic in the Am I infected? What do I do? forum.
    *** Please include a link to this topic in your new topic. ***
Edit to add: If the BSOD problem is not due to malware, then it is most likely due to your Norton security application!

Edited by AustrAlien, 19 July 2012 - 07:01 PM.

AustrAlien

Posted Image

#12 AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Inquisitor

• BC Advisor
  • 6,772 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:59 PM

Please post back here with a link to your new topic: I would like to follow your progress.
  • We may even end up working back here in this topic at a later stage of the investigation.

AustrAlien

Posted Image

#13 greenking13

greenking13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 183 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:00 PM

Other Topic

Here.

#14 AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Inquisitor

• BC Advisor
  • 6,772 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:39 PM

:thumbup2: Thank you.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 15 August 2012 - 11:16 AM.
Closed to avoid confusion. ~ OB

AustrAlien

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users