Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to activate Graphics Card

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SolarDeath666

SolarDeath666

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 PM

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:28 PM

Hello everyone, I have a Lenovo Ideapad Y570, and I HAD to use Combo fix a couple of nights ago because a horrible Trojan broke through my laptop. All was well, I removed it with ease, my Computer works faster than ever. However,I cannot switch my Graphics card? It only goes to the Laptops original Graphics Card. I have NVIDIA, and I can activate the control panel and everything, but it does not activate for my Video games like Skyrim, WoW, Diablo, and League of Legends. It works with my browsers, being able to watch videos in HD.
I have gone into the Control panel of NVIDIA, focusing ALL of the High Performance straight to my games, nothing, even Globally. NVIDIA is completely out of the options when my game setting asks for "Graphics Card settings," it just goes to Intel®HD Graphics Family, originally it gave me 2 options but the other is non-existent.
Help Me?
-I have updated the NVIDIA Card as well, just today

Edited by hamluis, 29 June 2012 - 09:30 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 PM

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:30 PM

Uninstall...the MIA graphics card...run the chkdsk /r command.

Reboot the system and see if the Intel graphics are functioning properly.

Turn power off, reinstall nVidia card...see if problem persists.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users