Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Do I Need Registry Mechanic?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 husker333

husker333

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 PM

Posted 04 March 2006 - 09:10 AM

I got tricked into buying spysheriff in december and registry mechanic as well! I used Windows Defender Beta along with the Windows Onecare live to remove Spysheriff, It left registry mechanic untouched, I dont trust it Should I remove it???
Also if anyone has a e-mail, phone , or address to Spysheriff so I can cancle my membership I would be thankfull, When Defender deleated the program it took out the address for me to cancle and I dont remember if the membership is on an automatic renual, They recieved payment tru my bank and to put a watch on that account next december, would cost more money. I do have the Id# for my subscription not that its going to matter to those crooks!!!

Thanks for the help :thumbsup:
HUSKER333

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 PM

Posted 04 March 2006 - 10:43 AM

Most banks will debit back illegal transaction. If you were deceived and can convey that to your bank they may take steps to recover your money.
As far ae Registry Mechanic, I do not like the "Automatic Registery Fix" concept. If you cannot work on the registry, meaning "I know what I am doing" you should stay away. One eror and you will be formating your drive and re-installing you OS. One thing youshould, and everyone shoud do, with the registry is BACK IT UP. You never know when your registry will be damaged. It could be from a bad tweak, malware, hardware failure, poorly written programs/drivers, or the good ole' "Act of God".
Yes you should remove Registry Mechanic. Only consider a registry tweak when you have consulted someone who has an indepth knowledge of the registry and is willing to advise you thru every step.
One last thing. BACK UP YOU REGISTRY WEEKLY!!
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 husker333

husker333
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 PM

Posted 04 March 2006 - 09:28 PM

thanks for the advice,
Ill talk to my bank.
My computer should be backing up the registry since the new windows ONECARE LIVE tune up does a back up to disk section for me every two weeks is what I have it schedualed for,
Husker333

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 PM

Posted 05 March 2006 - 07:32 AM

To each thier own. I do a manual backup to a multisession CD. That is just me.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users