Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can I remove Office 2007 but keep Outlook Express

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 3_L7

3_L7

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 AM

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:01 PM

Hello.

Can I remove Microsoft Office 2007 and keep my Outlook Express preserved?
Outlook Express has a lot of info, emails & contacts that I donít want to lose.

If it is possible, what steps should I take to properly do this task.

Thank you,
3_L7

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 AM

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:57 PM

Hi Not trying to be nosey but why not just leave the whole thing?

However I believe you can just remove parts. You may need the disk or try
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/install-or-remove-individual-office-programs-and-components-HA001234067.aspx

In Microsoft Windows, click the Start button, and then click Control Panel.
Do one of the following:
Windows Vista Click Programs, and then click Installed Programs. Click the name of the Microsoft Office edition or program you want to change, and then click Change.

Note In Classic view, double-click Programs, and then click Installed Programs. Click the name of the Microsoft Office edition or program you want to change, and then click Change.

Microsoft Windows XP Click Add or Remove Programs, and then click Change or Remove Programs. Click the name of the Microsoft Office edition or program you want to change, and then click Change.

In the 2007 Microsoft Office system Setup dialog box, click Add or Remove Features, and then click Next.
Click the custom installation options that you want:
Click a plus sign (+) to expand a folder and see more features.
The symbol next to each feature indicates how that feature will be installed by default. You can change how the feature will be installed by clicking its symbol, and then selecting another symbol from the list that appears. The symbols and their meanings are as follows:

Run from my computer Run from My Computer The feature will be installed and stored on your hard disk when you complete Setup. Subfeatures won't be installed and stored on your hard disk.

Run from my computer Run all from My Computer The feature and all of its subfeatures will be installed and stored on your hard disk when you complete Setup.

Installed on first use Installed on First Use The feature will be installed on your hard disk when you use the feature for the first time. At that time, you may need access to the CD or network server that you originally installed from. This option may not be available for all features.

Not Available Not Available The feature won't be installed because it is not available.

When you are done choosing the custom installation options that you want, do one of the following:
Click Upgrade. This button appears if Setup detects an earlier version of the same Office program on your computer.
Click Install Now. This button appears if Setup does not detect an earlier version of the same Office program on your computer.

I suggest you read the entire Page I linked

Good Luck
Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:47 PM

Hello.

Can I remove Microsoft Office 2007 and keep my Outlook Express preserved?
Outlook Express has a lot of info, emails & contacts that I don’t want to lose.

If it is possible, what steps should I take to properly do this task.

Thank you,
3_L7

Outlook Express is NOT a part of Microsoft Office. It IS an included component in Windows XP.

Removing Office will have no effect on Outlook Express. You don't need Office in order to use OE. Many people don't have Office installed and use OE for mail.

Following the directions by rotor123 (which is good advice on how to uninstall various components of Office) will NOT have Outlook EXPRESS as an option to keep or uninstall. It WILL have OUTLOOK, which is a different program and no way related to Outlook Express.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 02 July 2012 - 04:54 PM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,107 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:36 PM

What Q-E said :).

The Outlook (not Outlook Express) mail client which comes with MS Office...can be installed from the Office disk without installing any other components of MS Office.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users