Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Facebook.com not loading on 1 computer on a network...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 David Ashcroft

David Ashcroft

• Members
  • 169 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 PM

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:08 AM

This is a really strange issue and i am completely out of ideas.

When you type facebook.com into one of the computer, it never loads, it never says that the page cannot be displayed, but the page just stays white with the little spinning icon as if it is loading.

On very rare occasions it works for about 2 seconds, but when you close the browser, open it again and try to load Facebook again the same issue happens again.

I have tried in both internet explorer and in Google Chrome, and i have tried clearing cookies, history, settings etc in both browsers. It works on all the other computers on the same network just fine.

When issuing the ping command via the command prompt it works perfectly with responses, really confused on this one and would love some ideas!

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ElFasso

ElFasso

• Members
  • 229 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 PM

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:32 AM

1. Go to Start and then search for cmd. Then run it as Admin, like in the screenshot:

Posted Image

Enter the following commands:

ipconfig /flushdns

2. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.

Checkmark following boxes:
  • List content of Hosts
  • List IP configuration
  • List Winsock Entries
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log

Click "Go" and post the result.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users