Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Freezes

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Gabe_Jr

Gabe_Jr

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 PM

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:53 AM

My computer freezes or even crashes usually in the beginning when i turn on my computer or when im in the middle of doing something. I can't usually have more than 4 tabs open without it crashing. I find this very bothersome and need some assistance in finding out if i have a virus or just need to fix something inside the computer itself. Thank You.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ElFasso

ElFasso

• Members
  • 229 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 PM

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:26 AM

================================== MBAM Scanner ==================================

Run a scan with MBAM:

Download the free version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/malwarebytes-anti-malware/ to your desktop.

• Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When completed, a log will open in Notepad.
  • Post the log back here.

Be sure to restart the computer.

The log can also be found here:
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
Or at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt

================================== Eset Scanner ==================================

Run Eset online scanner;

Note: You will need to use Internet explorer for this scan - Vista and win 7 right click on IE shortcut and run as admin
Go to the Eset web page to run an online scanner from ESET.

• Turn off the real time scanner of any existing antivirus program while performing the online scan
  • click on the ESET Online Scanner button
  • Tick the box next to YES, I accept the Terms of Use.
  • Click Start
  • When asked, allow the ActiveX control to install
  • Click Start
  • Make sure that the option Remove found threats is unticked and the Scan Archives option is ticked.
  • Click on Advanced Settings, ensure the options
  • Scan for potentially unwanted applications, Scan for potentially unsafe applications, and Enable Anti-Stealth Technology are ticked.
  • Click Scan
  • Wait for the scan to finish
  • Click on copy to clipboard or copy and paste the results here in this topic

#3 Gabe_Jr

Gabe_Jr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:15 PM

Thank you for your help. Here are the scan logs.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Trial) 1.61.0.1400
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: v2012.06.29.07

Windows XP Service Pack 3 x86 NTFS
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702
Parent :: K12-CC0167367B8 [administrator]

Protection: Enabled

6/29/2012 9:47:59 AM
mbam-log-2012-06-29 (09-47-59).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM
Scan options disabled: P2P
Objects scanned: 209934
Time elapsed: 10 minute(s), 6 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 0

Registry Values Detected: 0

Registry Data Items Detected: 0

Folders Detected: 0

Files Detected: 0

(end)

For the ESET scan, it wont let me clip it to the clip board. I click it and nothing happens.

C:\Documents and Settings\Parent\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\56\4a5acc38-5706d7a5 Java/Exploit.Agent.NBS trojan
C:\Qoobox\Quarantine\C\Documents and Settings\Parent\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\8rox67yx.default\extensions\{da8098dc-385d-4821-93ae-08ed6efed7cf}\chrome\xulcache.jar.vir JS/Agent.NDO trojan

C:\Documents and Settings\Parent\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\56\4a5acc38-5706d7a5 Java/Exploit.Agent.NBS trojan
C:\Qoobox\Quarantine\C\Documents and Settings\Parent\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\8rox67yx.default\extensions\{da8098dc-385d-4821-93ae-08ed6efed7cf}\chrome\xulcache.jar.vir JS/Agent.NDO trojan

#4 ElFasso

ElFasso

• Members
  • 229 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 PM

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:09 AM

You need to clean/flush the Java Cache. (If you don't known how, I'll provide instructions)

delfile.bat
Open Notepad and past the content of this code into it;

@echo off
del /f /s /q "C:\Qoobox\Quarantine\C\Documents and Settings\Parent\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\8rox67yx.default\extensions\{da8098dc-385d-4821-93ae-08ed6efed7cf}\chrome\xulcache.jar.vir"
del %0

• Save the Notepad file on your desktop as delfile.bat. Save type as "All Files".
  • Double click on delfile.bat to execute it.
  • A black CMD window will flash, then disappear, this is normal.
  • The files, if found will have been deleted and the "delfile.bat" file will also be deleted.

================================== Defragmentation ==================================

Do you have perform a defragmentation of the hard-drive? If not please do.

================================== File checker ==================================

Run File checker:
1. Go to Start and then search for cmd. Then run it as Admin, like in the screenshot:
Posted Image
2. Then press enter. A black DOS box will open.
3. In the black DOS box type: sfc /scannow

#5 Gabe_Jr

Gabe_Jr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:29 PM

Thank you for your assistance, but this computer is a loaned computer from my online school. K12 also known as CAVA. And for me to run the scan from the administrator is practically impossible. I have to have a password to get it to scan. So i called my school and as them if there was a way for me to possibly get the password, they said no because once they get the computer all they do is basically run a magnet to the computer to delete everything on it. Im going back to public school that's why im going to return the computer. Thank you for your time and help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users