Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lady Bus Monitor Bullied by School Kids

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Alumar

Alumar

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 PM

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:20 AM

I was surfing the Internet when I ran across a sad and disturbing video about a lady bus monitor being bullied.
Please share your thoughts and reactions regarding the Video and what are the possible sanctions that can be given to these kids.

Click here for the Video

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MissPlaced

MissPlaced

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:16 AM

@ Alumar,
My Daughter had told me about the Shameful Actions of these children towards Mrs.Klein,before now I hadn't seen it for myself.
As I watched this video,I wasn't stunned, shocked and horrified....I see this kind of behavior all the time,
For you see Alumar, I drive "Challenged" young Ladies and Gentlemen" to and from school,Sometimes the "Challenge" is Behavioral problems, So I am very familiar with Mrs. Kleins world.

So From an "Insiders" point of view as it were, I had to ask myself a few question's
1) had Mrs. Klein done or said somthing to bring this attack on herself??
As sometimes Driver's/Aides create their own grief by the way that they treat the children, If i've seen this once, I've seen it a hundred times!
This however DOESN'T seem to be the case with Mrs. Klein!!!
As Is clearly shown in the fact that Mrs. Klein wasn't ranting and raving like a maniac over the shameful action's of these children.
She refused to Place charges against these children!

2)Why is it that people have forgotten that Children will behave DIFFERENTLY when not under the watchful eye of their parents??
Pier pressure is a powerful thing,Everybody wants to be excepted,Children are no different.

3)Why is it that people will AUTOMATICALLY Blame the parent's??
Now i know that sometimes this is the case!!
I've been doing what i do for 15 years, at first i used to wonder why the child was behaving as they did.
BUT once i met the parent's it wasn't hard to understand why!

4) Altho I DO understand the outrage of people that had seen this video,I also have to wonder how in the name of common sense,they can send death threat's and the like to the parent's of this child???
In MHO there NOT behaving any better then those children!!!
How can we expect our children to behave any better when that's the example were giving them to follow??

I also watched the video of the "Father's apology" and I applaud him!!
BUT I do think that he made a mistep,His son doesn't need to go to a therapist...He needs to fully understand the repercussions of his action's, and there's no better teacher then to have to deal with his action's himself!! IE,He should have been made to make a "Face to Face" Apology to Mrs.Klein himself!!!!

As for punishment, If I had lost all the stuffin out of my comforter and behaved in this manner, there is NO DOUBT what would have happened to me!
The Law requires that I recieved an education,BUT it doesn't requier that I recieve transportation!!!
A)I would have been kicked off of the bus..peroid!
B)I would have been suspended from school,,if not expelled!!
C) I would have had a hard time sittin down to eat my dinner,this doesn't requier explanantion...
D)I would have been made to whole heartly apologise to Mr's Klein face to face.
E)Grounding?? Time OUT?? nope...I would only have hoped for a grounding or time out!!
F) Chores??? It would have been preferable to working in a sweat shop then to have to do the load of chores that would have been added to my already long list of chores!!
G) Free Time?? Fun activities??? NOT ON A BET!!!!

RESPECTFULLY

MissPlaced

You want to be great, Learn how to heal people, To hurt people is easy

Be Kinder then you have to be,you never know what battle someone else is fighting~~~
~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

#3 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,762 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 PM

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:46 PM

Did you guys see the fact that someone else stepped up and raised like $350,000 for her to retire and go on vacation to...

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#4 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2012 - 06:48 AM

It is over $670,000 now:

Love for Karen H. Klein.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#5 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,762 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:59 AM

thats insane that people would give that much to someone just cuz they felt sorry for her. Yes, I agree the kids were little brats who had no right to do that, but I can also think of better ways that money could be spent. Just sayin

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

#6 Galyn

Galyn

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 PM

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:30 PM

Well as JohnWoo mentioned it reached up $670,000 now. To those that helped raised the fund, they are the ones who thought it was " well spent " and I actually like what they did for her. For me though, Mrs Klien deserve it and needs a little time off. :thumbup2:

#7 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,762 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:05 PM

I agree, Its a nice gesture and kudos to them I just think its a little excessive is all

picard5.jpg

#8 MissPlaced

MissPlaced

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:29 AM

@ the_patroit11,
I think you make a very valid point.....I personally DON'T Begrudge Mrs.Klein the out pouring of love and funds, BUT I would love to see those kind of funds raised to feed starving children,The Homeless,inside the very walls of this country!

RESPECTFULLY

MissPlaced

You want to be great, Learn how to heal people, To hurt people is easy

Be Kinder then you have to be,you never know what battle someone else is fighting~~~
~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

#9 Alumar

Alumar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:56 AM

She has a Ton of patience in her.

#10 Galyn

Galyn

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:23 PM

I'll just think of it as an Incentive for her. :thumbsup:

#11 Alumar

Alumar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:29 PM

Did the funds came from the US only?

#12 elmongo2

elmongo2

• Members
  • 878 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:50 PM

What honestly disgusts me about this???? I've worked in education. I KNOW without a doubt that if this incident did not get publicized at all, nothing would have happened to the kids and the bus aide would have been fired for "poor performance".

I find it absolutely disgusting that it is ingrained in American culture that people that work in education, in general, are held in such lowly disregard. Disgusting.
People do dumb things. And I'm not talking about paying too much for car insurance either.

#13 Galyn

Galyn

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:57 PM

@ elmongo2

True dat.

#14 lora777

lora777

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:05 PM

When they took the Bible and the paddle out of the class-room it was just a matter of time until it came to this.. and it will just continue to get worse until it's totally out of control..which in my opinion is at our door now.

Those kids should be put before the entire school to be humiliated as they humiliated her and given a good paddling.. and then followed up with having to clean the bathrooms and classrooms for months every day after school lets out or during lunch time.... What brats- what terrible kids..they need to be thought a lesson now or they are ruined for life.

#15 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,762 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:08 PM

I got a better idea lora, they ought to have a fundraiser, where they have to clean the streets of the entire town, to which the city then pays the bus monitor to go on a nice cruise somewhere, to which they record it all, and force the kids to watch it, and write a 5000 word essay on why one shouldnt be a total jerk. Just sayin.

picard5.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users