Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can anyone help

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 brokemylaptop

brokemylaptop

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 PM

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:33 PM

hey all

Wonder if anyone can help trying to restore my laptop to factory settings and during the process the power cut off. Now when i turn the laptop on it says

"The Computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to restart the installation"

but when i press OK the laptop restarts and then just comes back to the same screen and the process starts allover again. Is their anyone out there that could help. Would be much appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 brokemylaptop

brokemylaptop
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:49 PM

sorry i also meant to say the laptop is an Acer Aspire 5315 if this helps and its running on windows vista

#3 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 PM

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:17 PM

Hello,
How were you attempting the recovery? Using recovery DVDs, made or received with the laptop or using the hidden partition on the hard drive.

Regards,
Brooks

#4 brokemylaptop

brokemylaptop
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:47 PM

It was just restored by clicking on the acer restore factory settings option. Its in the all programs and just starts to restore it without needing a disk

#5 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:44 AM

Hello brokemylaptop,

Since you can't get into Windows, you could try to perform a factory recovery, once again, from the hidden partition from outside of Windows. This should work unless the hidden partition was somehow corrupted.

Here is the Aspire 5710/5710Z/5310 Series - User's Guide.

(Per above manual) to restore the computer to factory default using the hidden partition on the hard drive, disk-to-disk recovery has to be enabled in Bios setup:

• To activate the BIOS utility, press <F2> during the POST; while the notebook PC logo is being displayed.
  • Select Main from the categories listed at the top of the screen. Find D2D Recovery at the bottom of the screen and use the <F5> and <F6> keys to set this value to Enabled.
  • Save changes and exit BIOS. The system will reboot.
  • As the system is restarting and while the Acer logo is showing, press <Alt> + <F10> at the same time to enter the recovery process.
  • Refer to the onscreen instructions to perform system recovery

Regards,
Brooks

#6 brokemylaptop

brokemylaptop
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:11 PM

:thumbup2: :clapping: :clapping: :thumbsup:

There is no way to express how happy you have made me!

I spent yesterday working out how to afford a new laptop as i was sure there was no way of fixing this.

Artrooks you are a life saver i cannot thank you enough for this.

I am going to make up for wasted time and just stay on the laptop all weekend :busy: :busy:

Thanks again

#7 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:23 PM

Glad to hear that it worked out. Don't forget to run windows update and update all security software before surfing too much.

Regards,
Brooks

#8 brokemylaptop

brokemylaptop
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:09 PM

Thanks again.

Yea i was thinking that just got some new software installed and thanks to you i can surf all day long

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users