Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Media Player 9 ... And Semicolons

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 indecision

indecision

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 PM

Posted 04 March 2006 - 03:58 AM

Hello all
I know i haven't spoken much but i use this site for my computer-panicked moments.
Alright, so here's my problem....
In WMP9, i'm sure you all know that a semicolon can be used to place a song under the listing for multiple artists. This usually works quite well. However, if an artist is linked to in this way from multiple albums, only one song/album "decides" to show up under the artist. (note: I create an "artist" name for a soundtrack so i can find it more easily in my WMP since the "album" list itself is too much to wade thru, but this doesnt cause the problem)

For example, BandX has a song called Alpha on the Awesome Movie Soundtrack, so the listing for it would show up as:
Trck || Title || Artist || Album
2 || Alpha || Soundtrack: Awesome Movie; BandX || Awesome Movie Soundtrack
As well, BandX has a song called Beta on the Great Movie ST. So it looks like this:
5 || Beta || ST: Great Movie; BandX || Great Movie ST

But when one clicks on BandX to see all their songs, only one will show up. It's as if WMP can't handle multiple links like this. Of course it handles multiple different artists on the same album, but not this.
I am stumped. What do you all think?
Thanks so much,
~L

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Geek-Squad

Geek-Squad

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 AM

Posted 04 March 2006 - 09:55 AM

Here is a hint: download windows media player 10 Not 9

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsme...10/default.aspx

#3 indecision

indecision
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2006 - 04:23 PM

I've already tried WMP10, I dislike the interface, the organisation system, etc. If WMP10 explicitly fixes this error, good for it, crappy for me. But i would really appreciate dialogue on this problem pertaining to WMP9.
I'm not a noob at computers, so don't treat me like one.

#4 RichieP

RichieP

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 AM

Posted 04 March 2006 - 05:31 PM

Chill fella. He's only trying to help.

#5 indecision

indecision
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2006 - 06:15 PM

Number one, i am not a fella.
Number two, i appreciate his link, but i asked for help with WMP9. If i wanted WMP10, i would have it. But since i asked about 9 and not 10, linking to 10 is pointless.
Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users