Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Using Remote Desktop for a Presentation computer

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jwest0460

Jwest0460

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:25 PM

Hello all,

I am currently looking for a solution to solve a surprisingly difficult task.

The environment: We have a computer who's sole purpose is to display a powerpoint slideshow in a lobby area.

The goal: To be able to have a small group of users remote into the system, update the slideshow presentation, and then resume the slideshow when they disconnect.

Challenges: Due to the system being a part of the corporate domain, we want to be able to accomplish this goal without giving the users administrator access to the system. We also want to do this without installing any third party software. I have been doing some research and found that there is a command that you can run that will disconnect you and resume what was happening on the local screen. (%windir%\System32\tscon.exe RDP-Tcp#0 /dest:console) This appears to work great - except you have to run the task as administrator for it to be successful.

The ultimate question: Is there a way to make this a batch file (or some other task) that I can automatically run as administrator without having to manually enter credentials each time? I'd like to be able to create a shortcut on the desktop that the user can click that will automatically disconnect the session and return the unlocked screen to the desktop (unlike the usual scenario where remote desktop leaves the local screen at the login screen.) Note I am willing to have this work with one account. We have a conferenceroom account that we use basically as a public account that we could give these people access to - ergo I only need to make this happen for one account.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice!

JW

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users