Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer randomly freezes (Win7 x64bit) again and again

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 coolcaeser

coolcaeser

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:51 PM

Hi

Since last month my computer (Windows 7, 64-bit) has been randomly freezing up for a long time. When it gets frozen, I get the busy icon (like a rotating circle) in place of my mouse pointer. I click anything nothing works, it completely freezes. I have a habbit of opening too many tabs (maybe more than 50-60 on 2-3 windows)on my chrome and firefox. So i used to think that it was happening because of that. So i stopped opening so many of them and started using IE and opens maximum upto 5 tabs at once. But the system still freezes. Sometimes when it freezes I leave the system as it is for about 20-30 mins then it comes back to normal again for few mins then restarts it to come back to normal. Many times, i did the forced shut down but when I start it again, the OS is still frozen; sometimes before logging in (i.e when WIN-7 starts) but most of the times, just after logging in (after entering the password and clicking the log in button). I tried the memory scan by Avast free AV but it showed no errors. I have MSE installed before I disabled it and started Avast. Also I got MalwareBytes Anti-malware installed. I ran full scans for all three but to no avail. Also my HDD (500GB) is 45% free so no issue in that area. Please help me in finding a solution

Also, when it freezes upon startup i sometimes see just a header of a window titled as SSCKbdHK.exe. Searched it and found that it is not a virus and just a Samsung keyboard process. Also earlier, sometimes when after 20-30mins, system comes back to normal state, after 1-2 flipping of screens an error which was something like "NVIDIA GeForce 310M driver ver 8.16.189.11 had encountered problems and had been restored back." I tried searching for drivers on OEM website and saw that this was the latest driver available there. but on Nvidia site, the latest driver is 301.42 (may 2012 release). Should i try installing it and check???

p.s - This doesnt seem to happen so far when i boot the system in safe mode with networking.

System information :
Samsung Q430 (2011 make)
Win-7 SP1 build 7601
Intel Core i5 @2.67 GHz
RAM-4GB
Available/Total physical memory - 1.80 GB/3.86GB
Available/Total virtual memory - 4.90 GB/7.73GB
NVIDIA GeFORCE 310M

I would appreciate if anyone could help me out !!
Thanks in advance !!

Edited by coolcaeser, 28 June 2012 - 12:54 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ElFasso

ElFasso

• Members
  • 229 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 AM

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:44 PM

1. Open Event View Handler
Go to start, in the search box put eventvwr.msc then press enter.

Check the Event View Log of there are some critical warnings. If so make a clear screenshot of them.

#3 coolcaeser

coolcaeser
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:16 PM

1. Open Event View Handler
Go to start, in the search box put eventvwr.msc then press enter.

Check the Event View Log of there are some critical warnings. If so make a clear screenshot of them.

I am attaching the screenshot. It shows in last 24h 0 results for critical warnings. I remember that my system last froze yesterday about 25 hours back.

Attached Files

Edited by coolcaeser, 28 June 2012 - 02:17 PM.

#4 saraovana

saraovana

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 PM

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:28 PM

You can try sfc /scannow in command prompt running it as an administrator. This should fix any software functionality issues.

Try also the chkdsk /f/r in command prompt - checks and fix any hdd errors

Later try cleaning the disk with cleanmgr.exe in command prompt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users