Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I need to install Internet Explorer 8 on Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 cowboys2006

cowboys2006

• Members
  • 237 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 AM

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:18 AM

I am looking to install internet explorer 8 on my windows computer 7 64 bit. I need it for my job they are requiring for me have it installed since their programs are not compatible with internet 9.
I looked on the Microsoft website and it does not allow me to download it for windows 7. Can someone please help me on this issue.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 PM

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:25 AM

Do you have IE9 pre-installed already? Maybe sufficing more information as to why IE9 does not support your programs. How about using other browsers instead?

Tekken

#3 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:29 AM

Follow this guide on uninstalling IE 9

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/how-do-i-install-or-uninstall-internet-explorer-9

This should rollback IE 9 to IE 8

#4 The_Outkast

The_Outkast

• Members
  • 161 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:54 AM

I didn't think IE8 was available for Windows 7.

#5 cowboys2006

cowboys2006
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 237 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:28 AM

I dont really know why is that but they told us that we have to have ie8 this is a work from home call center

let me try that link that was sent and see what happens I think when i bought this computer it came with ie8 and then it updated within 1 month or so

#6 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:05 AM

If you have Windows7/pro you can download and install XP/Mode and Virtual PCfor free(windows7/pro only)and run IE-8 in XP or If you have a legal copy of XP just sitting there you can install it in Oracle VM VirtualBoxfor free.If you manage to roll back IE-9 to IE-8 you should at least run it in a Sandbox for security here's a good free programSandBoxie.Trust no one,Cheers

#7 saraovana

saraovana

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 PM

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:34 PM

Hi,

I have seen issues with IE9, if so you can uninstall it from add remove programs. Once IE9 is uninstalled win7 by default has IE8 and you can continue working....

Regards,

#8 cowboys2006

cowboys2006
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 237 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:56 PM

ok i have already uninstalled ie9 and ie8 works perfectly with no problems. My question is why would i put ie8 in a sanbox? what is the purpose of a sandbox?

Thank you for all the help on this issue.

#9 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:00 AM

The purpose is security I wouldn't use any browser without being sandboxed or Noscript installed , let alone a out of date IE broswer (shivers with the thought) it's the same reason why Google Chrome and Firefox are sandboxed in theory at lest .Sandboxie won't allow anything to be written to the hard drive without your consent.

Edited by sleepwalker, 05 July 2012 - 12:08 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users