Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Skype Installing itself during the night

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Wozer

Wozer

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 AM

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:17 AM

Hi,

The last couple of days, I have had users come into the office and tell me that Skype has been installed on their computer. We are a small company, no one in IT has pushed an install to any computers, as we have no need for it. Yet I have had 5 or 6 people come and tell me that it has been installed. Yesterday I uninstalled it from the computers and then again this morning it has reinstalled itself to the computers, during the night.

Has anyone had this happen before? How can it be installing itself?

Hopefully someone here can help so I don't have to sign up for a Skype account to post in their forums.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ElFasso

ElFasso

• Members
  • 229 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 AM

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:49 AM

In the update of Windows Server update Services there is made a mistake..

"Skype accidentally rolled out as an update by Microsoft's Windows Server Update Services"

http://www.theverge.com/2012/6/28/3122897/skype-wsus-update-rollout-mistake

Edited by ElFasso, 28 June 2012 - 10:50 AM.

#3 Wozer

Wozer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 AM

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:00 AM

Thanks for that,

hopefully it will clear itself up soon, the weird part was that I had uninstalled it on a bunch of computers Wednesday, and then today It had reinstalled itself. Hopefully I wont come in tomorrow to find the same thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users