Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

possible virus

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jackiee34

jackiee34

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 PM

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:57 PM

okay so I have a hp windows 7 laptop that has been acting up for roughly 3 months now first it started becoming slow then turned into black screens when running google chrome or Internet explorer. in safe mode I found that the consumer it device had an issue and did some research that a windows update could be the cause, found the update and uninstalled it. when I went to restart my computer it seemed to be working normally except that windows update no longer worked period and I have an interent connection but Internet explorer refused to load the pages. I tried a system restore to before I uninstalled the update however still no Internet would work after that. I read online that a possible root kit virus is causing the damage and to remove it I need to download combofix but I cannot get on the internet to do so please help!!!!

Edited by hamluis, 27 June 2012 - 01:53 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,553 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:54 PM

Moved to Am I Infected for deeper look re malware possibility.

Louis

#3 John_87

John_87

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 PM

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:11 AM

You can use malwarebytes (http://www.malwarebytes.org/) and superantispyware (http://www.superantispyware.com/)
1. install the malwarebytes and superantispyware then Scan your computer.
2. clear all temp file from your computer.
3. type the command in run box INETCPL.CPL, then reset your internet explorer.

We believed in performance Comantra.net

Edited by John_87, 28 June 2012 - 07:36 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users