Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE will not launch

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Blackstar57

Blackstar57

• Members
  • 269 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 PM

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:04 PM

Hello again folks. I've been here before and received excellent help.
This time I have a friends computer running Win7 Ultimate 32bit. Her browser won't launch. First thing I noticed was no apparent Anti Virus program. I was under the impression that she was using security software from her IP, a local cable company. So far I have run MBAM and super anti spyware. Each are finding Trojans and other assorted junk. Each time I get rid of the viruses and reboot. Then still no browser. I even ran virus checks in safe mode with the same results. Does anybody have a clue as to what I have and how to get rid of it?
I'm on my own PC at the moment with her's beside me. Thanks in advance.

Glenn

Edited by Blackstar57, 27 June 2012 - 12:05 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ElFasso

ElFasso

• Members
  • 229 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 AM

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:15 PM

Some infections can damage IE or broke the internet connection...

The best to do is to create a DDS log and past into a new topic in the malware removing forum:

1. Follow the instructions "Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help" and create a DDS-log.
===> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html

2. Create a new topic into the forum "Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs" and then past the DDS-log into that topic:
===> Go to http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum22.html and click on "Start New topic"

An malware expert in that forum will be helping you with this kind of infection(s).

Edited by ElFasso, 27 June 2012 - 12:17 PM.

#3 Blackstar57

Blackstar57
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 269 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 PM

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:39 PM

Thanks ElFasso... Had to leave for work. Just getting home. Will follow your instructions in the morning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users