Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unsure if infected

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JF09

JF09

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 AM

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:24 PM

Hello,

I am unsure if I'm infected or not. Recently, I've been having problems where any web browsing is really, really slow or completely freezes the web browser. I've ran Malwarebyte Anti-Malware but nothing came up. I have problems even running Youtube in a different web browser. And it's not my internet connection, because it's hard wired in a decent connection.

Also, for a while now, every time I turn on the computer, it shows I have Windows updates. I tell it to install when it shuts down, but it never does. Then next time I log on, it says it again. Tonight I tried installing it before shutting down, but here is what I got.

Some updates could not be installed
The following updates were not installed:
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows Server 2008 x86 (KB2656370)
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows Server 2008 x86 (KB2656353)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB2481109)

It's been like that (not updating) for months. I just am unsure why everything has slowed down or started having problems frequently. I run CCleaner from time to time and also have Avast installed and it says the system is currently secure.

Any help or suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ElFasso

ElFasso

• Members
  • 229 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:02 AM

I think it's best to create a DDS-log, the experts of the Malware Removal Team will view your DDS-log.

1. Follow the instructions "Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help" and create a DDS-log.
===> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html

2. Create a new topic into the forum "Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs" and then past the DDS-log into that topic:
===> Go to http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum22.html and click on "Start New topic"

Edited by ElFasso, 27 June 2012 - 09:08 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users