Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB Human Interface Device

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bertroom

bertroom

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 AM

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:35 PM

I was following the directions in my Microsoft Fixit Program and deleted a USB drive that was not working, then it goes to tell you how to put in a new one. My computer keeps telling me there is not a newer one. But when I run the device manager and check the status of the USB port, it has a yellow exclamation point with error: This device cannot start (Code 10) I have been to Microsoft help, HP help, Driver supports for both, and still no luck. I am having problems with most all my usb connections now. Can't print. I did notice a mention of bios and to go the the manufacturers web site, which I believe to be Asus, Still nothing. Could someone please help me with this ASAP!!! Thank you, Barbara Tucker email address removed to protect from spambots. ~ OB

Edited by Orange Blossom, 26 June 2012 - 10:42 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 PM

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:55 PM

Hello -
Description of Code 10-related errors from M/soft support -
From How To Fix Error Code 10 (This device cannot start) this may be a help to you -
Depending on the changes you made, some solutions might include:
•Remove or reconfigure the newly installed device.
•Roll back the driver to a version prior to your update.
•Use System Restore to undo recent Device Manager related changes.

Reinstall the drivers for the device. Uninstalling and then reinstalling the drivers for the device is a likely solution to a Code 10 error.

Important: If a USB device is generating the Code 10 error, uninstall every device under the Universal Serial Bus controllers hardware category in Device Manager as part of the driver reinstall. This includes any USB Mass Storage Device, USB Host Controller, and USB Root Hub.

Note: Properly reinstalling a driver, as in the instructions linked above, is not the same as simply updating a driver. A full driver reinstall involves completely removing the currently installed driver and then letting Windows install it over again from scratch.

Advice on several other sites are the same or very similar to the above link -

Good Luck -
EDIT - Can you try to link the FixIt item here (or at least the page link) so we can check the instructions for you -

Edited by noknojon, 26 June 2012 - 10:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users