Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Micro SD asking for format. But I don't want to... :(

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Galyn

Galyn

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 PM

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:47 PM

I have a Micro SD for my Cellphone however. all of a sudden its asking for a FORMAT. Unrecognized Format needed. I connected the cellphone to the Computer ( win7) and it still asks for a format. I have a very important files there so I need help on restoring those.. :(

I would appreciate any help.

Tried TestDisk already. no go. Or maybe I;m using it wrong.

Edited by Galyn, 26 June 2012 - 06:52 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 PM

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:01 PM

http://www.easeus.com/data-recovery/card-recovery-software/micro-sd-recovery.htm

http://findandmount.com/

#3 Galyn

Galyn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:26 PM

Okay will be checking it out. Thanks CaperDog

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:49 AM

Unrecognized Format

Can you use the cellphone via usb to computer instead of the micro sd inserted on any memory card reader? Formatting this to FAT may resolve your problem.

Tekken

#5 Galyn

Galyn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:20 PM

Unrecognized Format

Can you use the cellphone via usb to computer instead of the micro sd inserted on any memory card reader? Formatting this to FAT may resolve your problem.

Yeah, I actually tried. same issue on the cell phone. I was able to get the files with Caperdog's suggestion. But for some reason, some of the files are corrupted. now I need to find something to fix corrupted mp4 files.. :(

thanks though. I appreciate it .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users