Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unknown Device

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DonH77

DonH77

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 AM

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:07 PM

Having a problem with an unknown device under Other devices.I tried scanning for hardware changes and updating the device but keeps coming up with no driver found. As well as the fps of a game i play has dropped significantly from where it was a day ago and get prompted the game is having trouble recognizing my graphics card this has never happened before.

Edited by DonH77, 26 June 2012 - 04:10 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:23 PM

Uninstall the device in device manager and reboot and see what happens.

#3 DonH77

DonH77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:55 PM

TY Allen wasn't too sure if i should do that but I did didnt seem to affect anything :thumbup2:

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:09 PM

You can always uninstall a device in device manager. If the system uses or needs it, it will see it on the next boot and reinstall it.

#5 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:38 PM

itusually means drivers are not installed for a device on the motherboard ,as you know im sure ,i have used this free program for yrs now to help with what the device is .ignore the dirver back up part of the program

http://www.zhangduo.com/udi.html

My answers are my opinion only,usually

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users