Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Print Spooler keeps shutting down Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dgfohio

dgfohio

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 PM

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:52 PM

Hello everyone,

It has been a while since I have been here. I am sure my PC has some hidden Registry problem, but I cannot find it.
Hardware: HP 8440P, Windows 7 64 bit.

MacAffee found no viruses, but of course my kid was playing on the machine and I am sure he clicked "yes" on some webpage.

The Registry for the Print Spooler keeps shutting down. When I attempt to print from Micorsoft Word, it shows my HP1018 printer as not really being a printer. I checked the Print Spooler and attempted a restart. It restarts fine, but then when I attempt to print from Word (or any MS office program) the Print Spooler shuts down. Same is true with adobe acrobat reader.

My guess is something corrupted the Registry to screw with me.

Never had a problem with Windows 7 yet...but I guess the bad guys get good eventually.

I searched the forums and found nothing on this, but if I missed it feel free to direct me!
Thanks,
dgf

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 PM

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:21 PM

Try this

Stop the print spooler service