Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help! PC gaming surround sound setup

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 gatehouse666

gatehouse666

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 PM

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:52 PM

Hi All,

I've been having trouble getting my PC games to play in surround sound.
I have a Panasonic sc-bt200 all-in-one 7.1 surround system. It plays blu-rays and xbox games in surround, but not PC games.
Panasonic receivers do not read DTS through optical-in, and this specific receiver does not have plugs in the bag for 5.1 or 7.1 analog-ins, and only one HDMi out.
So it looks like I need to replace my receiver, and probably all the speakers too, since they are pretty low quality and operate at 2 ohms and I worry they will blow if I hook them up to a stronger amp.

I would like to play PC games in surround sound, and am willing to spend around 400 dollars.
Here's my question:
Can anyone recommend a good receiver/amp and 5.1 speakers, as well as a good sound card that will be compatible with my PC and will play games and DVD/Blu-Rays in surround?

My computer specs are as follows:
ASRock Z68 extreme3 gen3 motherboard
intel i5 3570k @ 3.4 ghz
8gb DDR3 g.skill ripjaw ram
Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2gb
Corsair 750W PSU
Corsair force gt 120gb SSD
*no sound card

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users