Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to remove TrojanDownloader:Win32/Adload.DA

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
41 replies to this topic

#31 tampakc

tampakc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 AM

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:59 PM

OK, I will follow all of these steps, although it may take some time. Oh, and I don't think that the very dangerous file is proof of the utorrent danger since I didn't use utorrent to download. Although if it does, I'd like to know why. I just want to learn as much as possible about computing terms and stuff. Thanks! :D

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#32 tampakc

tampakc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:04 PM

Oh, in Programs and features, I don't have anything with JRE of J2SE in its name, I do have some things with java in their names. Do I uninstall these? And I bought myself a laptop cooling base, so I think I should not get that problem again if temperature was the problem. Although if needed to make a proper "diagnosis"
I will temporarily put it aside to see the results. Should I?

#33 bloopie

bloopie

Bleepin' Sith Turner

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,927 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:22 PM

Hi,

OK, I will follow all of these steps, although it may take some time.

Take your time. Those are important steps, so make sure you do them! I'll post again to see if you're still with me in a few days. :)

==========

Oh, and I don't think that the very dangerous file is proof of the utorrent danger since I didn't use utorrent to download.

Don't let your guard down too easily. In the link I provided "(more info here)", this information shows that this file will open certain ports on your machine and allow it to connect directly to another computer virtually anywhere in the world! Furthermore, you may not even know whether a file is being uploaded to another machine, or downloaded to your own machine. You could be receiving a malware dropper embedded in a video/picture or other file and have no notice of this happening. You will only see the effects...an infected machine. :wink:

==========

Oh, in Programs and features, I don't have anything with JRE of J2SE in its name, I do have some things with java in their names. Do I uninstall these?

There is no harm in uninstalling the Java programs. If you need to use them, they can be downloaded anytime in the future. Just make sure you are downloading the most current version of the software from a trusted site, like the www.adobe.com website.

==========

And I bought myself a laptop cooling base, so I think I should not get that problem again if temperature was the problem.

That's a good investment, and thanks for letting me know!

After doing the steps I mentioned in my previous post, you should try playing a game with the cooler connected and working...see how it goes and let me know! :)

If your machine no longer shuts off, there is no need to post Speccy.

bloopie

#34 tampakc

tampakc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:45 AM

Hey, I'm afraid that when I type ComboFix /Uninstall in the run window, it says that windows can't find Combofix. What am I doing wrong?

#35 tampakc

tampakc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:54 AM

Hey, I just reused the combofix installation program, and found the folder where comboofix is installed, should I just select uninstall from there?

#36 tampakc

tampakc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:55 AM

Oh, wait, I didn't find it. Can't I just delete the program I downloaded?

#37 bloopie

bloopie

Bleepin' Sith Turner

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,927 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:34 PM

Hi again,

Please run the ComboFix uninstaller here:

Combofix Uninstaller

==========

If that is unsuccessful, please rename Combofix.exe to Uninstall.exe and double-click it.

Success?

Is your computer shutting off by itself anymore?

bloopie

#38 tampakc

tampakc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:39 AM

OK it says Done!. Now what?

#39 bloopie

bloopie

Bleepin' Sith Turner

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,927 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:31 AM

Hi again,

Good work! :thumbup2:

Is your computer shutting off by itself anymore?

Give your games a go, see if the computer shuts itself off. Let me know how everything is running! :)

==========

As promised, some more information on how you became infected and other important information for you:

The most common cause of an infected machine is the Trojan Horse, or programs which appear to be legitimate but which contain malicious payloads, or which are simply malicious in and of themselves. No antivirus, firewall, host-based intrusion prevention system (HIPS), or other security software can fully protect you against this kind of attack. The best way to project yourself is not to run email attachments from untrusted sources, and avoid software downloaded from the internet wherever possible. Remember, when you run an application, you are giving that application permission to do to your machine anything you can do the machine, including create, modify, or destroy files or other data. In the Windows (and most other systems' such as Unix) security model, applications don't have privileges, users do.

The second most common cause of infection is out of date software. Leaving your system unpatched leaves holes through which attackers can execute code on your behalf without your consent. This goes for far more than common targets such as Windows and Internet Explorer. Most recent threats target other third party software, such as Adobe's Adobe Reader, Shockwave Player, or Flash Player, or Oracle's Java browser plugins. You can check your system for out of date software manually, or by using automated tools such as Secunia's Personal Software Inspector. This goes doubly for security applications such as antivirus and other antimalware products based on definition lists, where out of date lists mean no detection of newer malware.

Finally, occasionally you will be forced to run some potentially infected binary, or attackers will use a hole which is unpatched by software vendors, so a last line of defense is needed. That means turning on a firewall (Windows Firewall included with Windows XP SP2 or later is fine) and leaving it on, and using and keeping up to date an antivirus solution such as Norton AntiVirus. Antiviral solutions don't even have to cost money; for instance Microsoft Secuity Essentials provides perfectly acceptable protection for free. If for some reason you don't like MSE, there are other free products available as well:
  • Avast (home use only)
  • Avira (shows nag screen to purchase full product when updating, home use only)
  • AVG (slightly poorer performance as of late)

That should be fine for the majority of users. However, if you absolutely want additional protection, consider one or more of the following products:
If you want more information on methods malware use to infect your computer, consider browsing our How did I get infected? topic.

bloopie

#40 tampakc

tampakc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:19 AM

OK, now, may I ask you about something else that's really annoying? Sometimes, when it's really late at night, like 3:00 am, and I am on the computer doing anything, if I feel sleepy or something else occurs, I don't shut my computer in order to finish what I was doing in the morning. So, I lower my laptop's screen and it ... I don't know how it's called, it kind of becomes neutral. But when I lift the screen in the morning, what comes up is a black background and my cursor which I have complete control over, but I can't do anything. I can't put it in neutral state again hoping it will fix because it doesn't become neutral, I can't log in because no log in screen appears. But there's something odd: Between my screen and my keyboard, my laptop has, something like a little touch panel, which controls the voice and wireless connection. I can't seem to control the mute, but I can switch the wireless connection on and off.... I know it sounds strange and it is, but it's also really annoying and I was worrying whether there is a solution at this and what is it. I know that I'm getting way out of the topic, but I don't want to have to look at multiple posts at once. Thank you for your time, again! xD

#41 bloopie

bloopie

Bleepin' Sith Turner

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,927 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:38 PM

Hello again,

Thank you for your time, again! xD

It is my pleasure. :)

Since your computer is free of malware, then it may be best to start a new topic in the Windows 7 forum to get the best help for that issue.

Feel free to also include a link to this topic so that the rest of the staff can see what's been done here. Once you have done that, please let me know so that we can close this particular topic. :wink:

Best regards,

bloopie

#42 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:10:08 PM

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:23 PM

tampakc has posted here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic461866.html/ as requested.

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 22 July 2012 - 04:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users