Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Save As" never remembers settings

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ghead

ghead

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 AM

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:57 AM

Ugh this is driving me mad. Started this past week. Every time I go to save something with my broswer, whatever folder I choose it's always reverted back to "date modified" order. It use to always open any folder too "auto arrange by name" and set to list, which made saving files much easier.
I've tried going to folder settings and reappling setting I've tried changing settings in the save as window etc.... Nothing is working, I even tried unchecking the "date modified" selection in folder options and still doesn't work.

Funny how such a little change like this can make saving things take 2 to 3 times as long since I have to hunt down the proper name and order I labeled the file as. That's why auto arrange by name worked best with my system.

I know this is a minor prob to most of you but any help would be great.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 4dude

4dude

• Members
  • 578 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:42 AM

What exactly are you saying bud?

For example when i DL something from my browser,it goes to save it in MY DOCUMENTS (Unless i change it) then i open MY DOCUMENTS and its there.... (I have LARGE ICONS selected and AUTO ARRANGE checked in most folders)

Try changing your folders to LARGE ICONS (full size) it will make it easier for you to find stuff :)

What is happening when you try to save things?

Edited by 4dude, 25 June 2012 - 02:45 AM.

#3 ddeerrff

ddeerrff

Retired

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,727 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:22 PM

Sounds like an OS related issue rather than browser related. You might want to post this in the appropriate OS forum. I know that WinXP had a limit on how many folders it could 'remember', and there was a registry change that could tell it to remember more.
Derfram
~~~~~~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users