Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

wireless problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kury

kury

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 AM

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:34 AM

I am sorry if this is the wrong forum for stuff like this, but this is driving me crazy.

My mom just died. This means that everything she owned now belongs to us, including her computers. The problem is her laptop, which has XP as the operating system. For some reason, one cannot configure the wireless without the Windows Zero Configuration Service. I turned it on when I finally figured out how to do so, thinking that it would stay turned on. Turns out, that's not the case. I have had to turn it on every time I've restarted the laptop. I have done this repeatedly. Looking on the microsoft website has gotten me nowhere, as the instructions indicate that once the service is turned on, it will stay on. that is not the case with this laptop.

I keep thinking that the solution to this is stupidly simple, and that it's just clicking a box inside the wireless networks menu, but everytime I've tried it, I've failed, and had to go through this same procedure every time I've restarted the computer. It's so tedious and frustrating.

Is there anyone out there that can help me solve this problem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 PM

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:56 AM

Hi kury -
Have you ever thought to contact the Internet Service Provider that carries your internet ??

I do know they are often a pain, but most times they are willing to help customers with small problems like this -
But you do pay a fee for something, and specific user problems are mostly covered -

Please, do post back after you give them a quick call, and do tell us if they helped at all - Then we can review their advice -

Regards -

#3 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 AM

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:02 AM

What is the startup type of wireless zero configuration service?

Is it set to automatic ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users