Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Wont Start Up

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 xplosivo

xplosivo

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 AM

Posted 03 March 2006 - 04:38 PM

I just downloaded Windows XP Service Pack 2 from microsoft, and after it was finished i restarted my computer. When the computer booted back up it hung at the"windows is starting up..." page, and then after about 5 minutes, maybe more, it just restarts itself and does the same thing over. I tried starting in safe mode but it does the same thing. Can someone help me please?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 AM

Posted 03 March 2006 - 10:11 PM

Do you have the boot disks (you were supposed to make when you first got the computer)?

If not, you can download them here. Be sure to get the correct version for the way your computer originally had XP installed, not what you may have updated it to. In other words, if it came with XP and you updated to SP1 get the one for Windows XP without any service pacs. If it came with SP1 get the ones for XP with SP1.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310994

Edited by Enthusiast, 03 March 2006 - 10:12 PM.

#3 xplosivo

xplosivo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 AM

Posted 04 March 2006 - 05:02 PM

Is there anything I can do if i dont have the windows XP cd? The computer came with XP already on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users