Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Registry Error

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Enyalios

Enyalios

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 PM

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:29 PM

Hello! I'm new to the forums, so I apologize if something is out of place here or if I'm not doing something correctly.

I'm having an issue with my computer after I've booted and logged into my user. This is what it reads:

"Could not load or run C:\Users\Alex\AppData\Local\Temp\{16508~1.EXE specified in the registry. Make sure the file exists on your computer or remove the reference to it in the registry."

I've tried all sorts of Google options, but to no avail, it still prompts me with the error right as I enter my user.

In all honesty, I haven't found any specific related issue with it. I find it more of a nuisance than anything else that I have to close out of the window before my computer has a chance to finish loading the rest of my startup programs.

Is there anything I can do to fix this issue? I don't have any idea what it could possibly relate to, but I heard this forum has some intelligent people that help with all sorts of technical issues. (:

Edited by Orange Blossom, 08 July 2012 - 02:04 PM.
Moved to more appropriate forum. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 PM

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:50 PM

Create a restore point before working on registry

Press Windows+R key and type

regedit and click ok

Browse to

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows

On right side you should find LOAD or RUN key with this value C:\Users\Alex\AppData\Local\Temp\{16508~1.EXE ,delete it.Let me know if you get access denied error

or

Download

Autoruns

Extract and launch autoruns.exe

Allow the scan to get finished

Now you should find the startup entry under

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows

Uncheck it

good luck

Edited by narenxp, 24 June 2012 - 07:51 PM.

#3 Enyalios

Enyalios
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:59 PM

What is the best way to go about creating a restore point? When it comes to actual internal-based computer knowledge, I'm very illiterate. :blink:

Off-topic: Toss me some HTML and I'm there. :lol:

#4 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:05 PM

Check this

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Create-a-restore-point

Also you may receive a access denied error while deleting the LOAD key pointing to C:\Users\Alex\AppData\Local\Temp\{16508~1.EXE

So in those cases,go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows

right click on Windows key

Click on permissions

CLick on Everyone

Under permissions ,select FULL CONTROL and click ok,now you should be able to delete the LOAD key

good luck

Edited by narenxp, 24 June 2012 - 08:09 PM.

#5 Enyalios

Enyalios
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:12 PM

I decided to go out on a whim and take a chance without a restore point. (This was before you posted a reply.)

Turns out what you originally wrote was a complete success! Thank you so much! (:
I simply found it in the registry, right clicked, deleted and restarted my computer.

When I logged into my user, the error was gone! I can't thank you enough! :thumbsup:

#6 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:13 PM

You're welcome :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users