Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 8 release preview how do i get rid of it?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 varislost555

varislost555

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 PM

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:27 PM

i have a hp pavilion dv6-6b50sa and I installed windows 8 release preview and I just want windows 7 back! It deleted my finger scanner identity system and my beats audio software. Its driving me mad and I just want it to be back to normal. Please say its not over written my windows 7, someone please help me!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DarkSnake-Kobra

DarkSnake-Kobra

• Members
  • 633 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 PM

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:27 PM

:welcome:

Unfortunately that is the case. When you upgrade Windows it upgrades and replaces the existing components and there is no way to revert it back to the previous release. You will need your Windows installation disc to do a complete reinstall.

#3 Alvas Rawuther

Alvas Rawuther

• Members
  • 356 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 AM

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:40 AM

i have a hp pavilion dv6-6b50sa and I installed windows 8 release preview and I just want windows 7 back! It deleted my finger scanner identity system and my beats audio software. Its driving me mad and I just want it to be back to normal. Please say its not over written my windows 7, someone please help me!

If you installed Windows 8 over Windows 7, then you'll have to re-install Windows 7 to get it back. However, that wouldn't be the case if you installed it alongside Windows 7 - like I did.

And about the identity system and audio software - you can re-install them too if you have their discs. Or you can just download them off the internet. There is nothing much you need to worry about - really. :)
SYSTEM SPECS.
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 | Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 @ 2.93GHz | 4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 333MHz RAM | 488 GB WD SATA HDD | 1024MB ATI Radeon HD 4350 | No real-time antivirus | MBAM on-demand | Windows 7's Built-in Firewall |

#4 zigzag3143

zigzag3143

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:44 PM

Both beats and the fingerprint validity sensor drivers work on DV-6, and DV-7's. You just have to install them in compatibility mode. In fact the beats driver has more functionality in win 8 despite being the same driver. Mine is a DV-7 64 bit

In terms of reverting, there is no approved path. There is a wiork around for reverting from the windows.old folder. Just google it.

have you tried installing it in compatibility mode?

Right click the installer>properties>compatibility>chose OS

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Make-older-programs-run-in-this-version-of-Windows?SignedIn=1

K

Edited by zigzag3143, 04 July 2012 - 05:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users