Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Website attacked?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 johnrambo1

johnrambo1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 AM

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:18 PM

Hello all,

Since Wednesday last week my website has been getting over 2000 hits a day. Very strange since it usually gets under 10! My bandwidth was used up and my site went offline.

So my website has been getting the hits from the following places:

angege.com - 251 hits
out.popads.net - 1123 hits
209.222.8.217 - 5064 hits

These websites appear to be popup advertisement networks. Why on earth would my web URL be in these pop-ups? I obviously havn't paid for any pop-up ads or anything.

Anyone with any ideas on what I should do and why this has happened?

EDIT!:

Apparently:

Malicious files were uploaded using my login via FTP. This was used to attack other websites. How on earth would someone have found my password?

Thanks!

Edited by johnrambo1, 24 June 2012 - 05:41 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PopAds

PopAds

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 AM

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:53 AM

Hello.
I am the owner of PopAds.net advertising network.
Please reply to my PM regarding your website url.

As far as I can see, the traffic was sent through one of our partner networks(ie. the campaign was not approved by our team).
I am currently waiting to hear back from that network, but I am pretty sure we will need your website URL to track down the advertiser who bought traffic to your website.

If something like that happens again, please contact adnetworks directly and let them know ththat you are getting traffic for which you did not pay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users