Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Loss of connectivity to incoming packets???

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Raw Joe

Raw Joe

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 AM

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:17 PM

Hello I have been having an issue with my desktop computer in which after some time of use my system loses network connectivity and suddenly stops receiving packets normally until I lose connectivity altogether and the taskbar icon pops up saying that a local network cable has been unplugged. I initially thought this to be a malware/system infection issue which I still think it might be but it's been cleared in another thread with all the other information about my issue and what has been done.

That thread is here

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 AM

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:25 PM

Do you use a router?

Also what makes you think that the packets are being dropped are you using Wireshark or another Protocol Analyzer?

#3 Raw Joe

Raw Joe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 AM

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:14 PM

No I have a hardline in my room that's a part of a university network. And I know that I'm losing incoming packets because I've stared at the local area network status window and saw the numbers stop and then get disconnected afterwards.

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 AM

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:27 AM

I would contact your schools IT Department, and on your machine I would replace the cable and see if that fixes if it does not then I would think about getting another network card.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users