Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slow Pc

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Beaver211

Beaver211

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 AM

Posted 03 March 2006 - 03:42 PM

I had some malware issues a while back and one of the site members here helped me out with that, but since I cleaned up the malware as per said members directions my PC and most of the programs have slowed WAY down. I'm not sure if anything can be done about it or not. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2006 - 05:10 PM

Try the troubleshooting checklist in the topic "slow computer?" pinned at the top of this forum. If this doesn't help, post back.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 turnip

turnip

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2006 - 10:26 PM

Try some basic things such as running the disk cleanup tool and also check your frgamentation levels, if its been a long time, that can be a reason for the sluggishness. Also trim ur startup list.

#4 Geek-Squad

Geek-Squad

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 AM

Posted 03 March 2006 - 10:33 PM

You might have some more malware on there, I would Double check with another Anti-Spyware.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users