Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mac Book Pro A1260 will not finish setup wizard and stats over

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 vanlierdechad

vanlierdechad

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 AM

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:34 PM

have a Mac Book pro A1260 that when it starts it goes to the setup wizard. I answer all the questions and then it says it is going to create my account but insted of creating the account it restarts the setup process over. Any help in fixing this problem would be greatly appreciated.

pecs

Core 2 duo

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DarkSnake-Kobra

DarkSnake-Kobra

• Members
  • 633 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:00 PM

Hi

I don't know anything about Mac's, but if this is brand new I recommend taking it back to the store as it could be defective. Tell them there is problems with the setup wizard restarting and show them. They should be able to exchange it for a different one. :)

#3 vanlierdechad

vanlierdechad
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:46 PM

This is not a new computer it was manufactured back in 2008. I am also not a Mac user this computer was given to me to see if it could be fixed. I have tried everything i can think of like booting in safe mode or booting from a CD/DVD but its ignoring any keyboard commands like press and hold the shift key to start in safe mode.

#4 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 AM

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:47 AM

Booting in to safe mode will take a while so be patient. Try running these tips in order.
Twenty steps to help diagnose and fix system issues

#5 vanlierdechad

vanlierdechad
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:52 AM

thank you for the link but most of the suggestions there i can not do since it will not boot to the desktop because it has not created on yet for me. I tried to boot the computer with Paragon rescue CD by pressing and holding down the C key but that failed as will it just ignores it and boots to the setup wizard.

#6 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 AM

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:32 PM

Do you have the original discs that came with the Mac? AFAIK paragon cd won't work on your Mac.
Have you tried the suggestions that should work? 2, 8, 9, 12, 14, 16, 17 or 18.
DiskWarrior might help. It's kind of pricey but well worth it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users