Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

help''blackscreen''

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bj24

bj24

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:30 PM

my name is bj first time using this website my wife used it an loved it. i got this computer from my sister inlaw and this thing was beyond slow and my brotherinlaw back up my files and swipped it clean by hitting f11 and some other things. bc i have no cd w this computer it worked great for awhile.
the last couple of days bigfix was coming up an said it was no loner available an to uninstall.. so i did and the weather channel is coming up an bigfix still comes up even though i uninstalled it. like it said and today the cursor stopped moving and the computer froze and battery did get low or die so i had to forse it to shut down. now when i turn it on it shows only a b lack screen an this computer has no downloaded songs or videos or pics.
it is just as it was when it was bought but when i first got it it had alot of songs an movies downloaded but since my brotherinlaw did wat he did it all was gone now please help thank bj24

Edit tried to make it readable~~boopme

Edited by boopme, 23 June 2012 - 10:08 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,058 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:15 PM

Hello, If this is an Emachine F11 does a system recovery.

Is this XP?

So all you have is a blackscrren now?
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 bj24

bj24
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:48 PM

It is a gateway yes it has windows xp and yes when i turn it on all the lights light up an u can hear it come on an it just shows a black screen

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,058 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:55 PM

Did you do a format and re install of the operating system? It seems that is what is needed.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 bj24

bj24
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:35 PM

I didnt get any cds w it an it has a black at all times so where would i go from here

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,058 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:12 AM

Repost in the XP forum .. They should know where to find what you need.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users